android
Old 12-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobbolop View Post
is it possible to use file/folder browsing so you don't have to rely on ID3 tags etc.?
Yes, it is. While in the now playing screen bring up the on screen menu & go to Browser>Music List, tap again and you'll see Mode>Music Library, in Music Library scroll down and tap Folders, select either D2 or D2 Ext. Now choose what you'd like to select in the Music folder.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-03-2008, 08:32 AM

Anyone thinking of getting a D2 do it. This is by far the best player on the market. If you are in to audio books then for sure the D12 is for you.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 PM

Why is the D2 a good audiobook player? A $40 zen has a much better autoresume feature. The file limit is an issue - some audiobooks can have hundreds of tracks. Joining them because you have to and don't want to is not a good solution.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

4000 files is not ann issue, as this really counts for music files alone. Besides, are you going to rip your music to 32kbps? don't really thinks so. I have the 8gb D2, and I have around 1700 mp3's on the internal memory, and 2500 on the external, where's the issue? Remember, it's 4000 for internal & 4000 for external (8000 total), and it's only a limit on tunes (no9 busted THAT myth!!!).

Old 12-03-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
4000 files is not ann issue, as this really counts for music files alone. Besides, are you going to rip your music to 32kbps? don't really thinks so. I have the 8gb D2, and I have around 1700 mp3's on the internal memory, and 2500 on the external, where's the issue? Remember, it's 4000 for internal & 4000 for external (8000 total), and it's only a limit on tunes (no9 busted THAT myth!!!).
Thank you for confirming that the D2 still has this file issue. Does anyone know anything about the O2? Audiobooks can be 32kbps and higher. I don't see why these mp3's wouldn't count. A few audiobooks could easily choke the internal memory full while only taking up a few gigs.