android
Old 10-25-2006, 06:18 PM

Default sansa speakers for crappy car

I recently got an old car, a 1990 civic. I was considering putting in a cheap radio and cd player setup, but i dont think it has the power, and since im going off to college anyways, i just need something quick an easy.

I have a sansa E250, and earbuds dont help because i think in california, you cant have headphones on while driving. The civic doesnt have a radio installed, so im thinking about getting a cheap pair of speakers http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051384761879 like those and using that with my e250. Are those any good? I dont have much money right now, 30 is about as much as i can afford.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-25-2006, 07:09 PM

Frequency Response of 250Hz-15KHz.. goodbye bass!

Honestly I don't think there are any decent passive battery-less speaker sets available.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:43 PM

Im not much of an audiophile. The stock sansa earbuds were sufficient for me, so anything around there in speaker form would be nice. I dont need MAJOR bass, but could use some when im just feeling it.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Insignia Moderator

I can tell you right now, those aren't going to be very loud. Especially in a running car! And judging by the frequency response, they're probably going to sound like tin cans.

You're going to need something that's self powered. I think Coby makes some cheap portable speakers that run on AA batteries. Don't know how good they sound, but whatever they sound like, I can guarantee you it will be better than these Sony's.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:18 PM

im open to suggestions for speakers right now. Ill look into those colby. Anyone know of any cheap portable speakers i can pick up at a circuit city, best buy, or something along those lines? I dont really want to bother with ordering online.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Insignia Moderator

Wait, I just got an idea. What about a pair of cheap computer speakers along with a 9V (or whatever the speakers would require) cigarette lighter adapter?

Old 10-28-2006, 12:06 AM

Well, i was thinking about just using earbuds while driving. Anyone know the legality of this in California? I just plan to have one earbud in my ear at any one time while driving.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Insignia Moderator

The California Vehicle Code, section 27400 would seem to imply that wearing one earbud isn't illegal.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27400.htm

Old 11-21-2006, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton
I recently got an old car, a 1990 civic. I was considering putting in a cheap radio and cd player setup, but i dont think it has the power, and since im going off to college anyways, i just need something quick an easy.

I have a sansa E250, and earbuds dont help because i think in california, you cant have headphones on while driving. The civic doesnt have a radio installed, so im thinking about getting a cheap pair of speakers http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051384761879 like those and using that with my e250. Are those any good? I dont have much money right now, 30 is about as much as i can afford.
dont be cheap, get a REAL deck, REAL speakers+AMP, REAL SUB+Amp,

dont have $1000 for an ok system? listen to your engine then.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr5owner
dont be cheap, get a REAL deck, REAL speakers+AMP, REAL SUB+Amp,

dont have $1000 for an ok system? listen to your engine then.
C'mon, not everyone is made of money like you seem to be, so don't come here to slam others. If you have questions, there's a lot of people here who will be glad to help. If you have positive contributions, they'll be also very appreciated. But, please, stop deprecating people just because they don't have the new toy on the block like you.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

pr5owner, you got alot to learn about how to talk to people around here. I suggest learning it really fast. People have reported your posts already and if there are more problems, I'll have to submit them to the admin for some sort of punishment. We don't like to do it but we will if we have to. In fact, in one thread, you suggested a person either do one thing, or "commit suicide"...whether as a joke or not, that comment is seriously disturbing and offensive...especially to a person lilke me who lost a good friend last year to suicide. So keep your ignorant comments to yourself.