android
Old 10-22-2008, 03:07 PM

Default YP-P2JCBY vs. YP-P2JCR/XA/ Why the Price Diff?

Ok as some of you know.. the price of the p2 has gone done significantly over the past 4 months or so. I am not an owner, but will be. BestBuy now have the 8gb P2 for 149.00. I was thinking/hoping it is because the 16gb is about to drop in the US soon. But I am confused. When I go to their website, they have a burgandy 4gb for more than the Black one.. and another Black 8gb for 80 bux more. ?????? I see that the new one is a bit larger, but it does not appear that the screen is larger.

Please help me understand before I go purchasing this thing. I can do $149.00, but like I said... in hoping that the 16gb shows up, I can wait and pay a lil over $200 as well.. in the meantime, what is with these prices?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....egories&ks=960

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-22-2008, 03:31 PM

maybe bb is just tryin to get rid of their stuff but idk

Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 PM

Color, it's like getting a special edition item its the same product, but it looks better. I would of bought a black one instead of burgundy for a few more dollar, but Wal-Mart only had burgundy. oh well I still love the thing!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM

I dunno... I can understand and have seen color-related price differences of 10-20 bux, but $80?That does not make any sense to me. Also, I have read several times where people have said they have gotten their P2 at Walmart of Frys. Well, I have never seen the P2 on Walmart's site... and even the links from places like slickdeals, will get a "no product" found on the Frys website.

I really wish I COULD get one from Walmart since I actually have a Walmart card.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-22-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:41 PM

Just so you know, it's a sale for the 8gb and it ends today, so if you plan on getting it, get it now as it's $50 off its original price.

Edit: Oh wait my bad, that's the US site, I got a little carried away when you said 149 because in Canada here it's on sale for 149.99 from 199.99 and it ends today :P.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:35 AM

Yeah I am trying to figure out what to do. I really want the 16gb, but we all know the situation here. I can order from Ebay, but currently the only listings are from people from Korea. A go worker told me about www.live.com yesterday and through there I can get the player for 25% off at Ebay. NIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCE... But I would prefer to get it from here of course, or from Canada if possible.

Second thing... now how ironic is this... Late last night, I get a $100 gifte certificate via email from AMAZON. A friend of mine.. WHO LIVES IN CANADA... sent it as a belated birthday gift. *Shaking head* I want to say.... "Ummmm, can you take this 100.00 and I will send you the rest of the money.." which is only about another 130.. "and go to Best Buy..."

Amazon has the 8gb for 179.00 as well.. but that 149 price at Bestbuy and Circuit City looks so much better. The 16 gb looks even better. Am trying to figure out if I should just wait to see if 16gb will be in the US by the end of the year... and/or if I can get the 8gb (last resort) at a cheaper price.

In the meantime, I think I am gooing to go to Circuit City and just buy the 8gb for the price.. and just hold on to it for 30 days. If something better comes along, I will just take the player back. I hear they also have %15 off coupons in the store.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
In the meantime, I think I am gooing to go to Circuit City and just buy the 8gb for the price.. and just hold on to it for 30 days. If something better comes along, I will just take the player back. I hear they also have %15 off coupons in the store.
I did this... but nothing better came...

Old 10-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Yeah I am trying to figure out what to do. I really want the 16gb, but we all know the situation here. I can order from Ebay, but currently the only listings are from people from Korea. A go worker told me about www.live.com yesterday and through there I can get the player for 25% off at Ebay. NIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCE... But I would prefer to get it from here of course, or from Canada if possible.

Second thing... now how ironic is this... Late last night, I get a $100 gifte certificate via email from AMAZON. A friend of mine.. WHO LIVES IN CANADA... sent it as a belated birthday gift. *Shaking head* I want to say.... "Ummmm, can you take this 100.00 and I will send you the rest of the money.." which is only about another 130.. "and go to Best Buy..."

Amazon has the 8gb for 179.00 as well.. but that 149 price at Bestbuy and Circuit City looks so much better. The 16 gb looks even better. Am trying to figure out if I should just wait to see if 16gb will be in the US by the end of the year... and/or if I can get the 8gb (last resort) at a cheaper price.

lol, if you have friends in canada, why not just have them buy you one??

Old 10-24-2008, 01:53 PM

Because, believe it or not, it simply did not occur to me to do so until I got the gift certificate from this particular friend. She would, of course, send an Amazon one.. because she knows I am such an Amazon head! I guess I was just so caught up in wanting to it to come to the US. If I get it from Canada, will the warranty be honored?