android
Old 10-22-2008, 06:40 AM

Default EmoDio & wierd aspect ratio

I've got a new P2 which works great but the supplied software EmoDio squashes the widescreen video as if it is intended for a 4:3 screen and adds black bars to the sides. The aspect is correct in the EmoDio options for widescreen and there is no option to change it anyway so there must be a good reason for it. Oddly enough if I convert the captured widescreen mpg (from PC based tv tuner) to avi with a different program the EmoDio can then convert that avi to svi correctly so that it retains the widescreen aspect. The original mpg is widescreen and plays as such in WMP, PowerDVD etc so what is EmoDio trying to do with it? At the moment I'm converting to avi using 3rd party software which will play in the P2 so it's not a huge problem but it annoys me that EmoDio is doing this when it's the supplied software. Anyone else come across this problem? BTW - p2 is running latest firmware & EmoDio is the latest update.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-22-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungblue View Post
Oddly enough if I convert the captured widescreen mpg (from PC based tv tuner) to avi with a different program the EmoDio can then convert that avi to svi...
wow that's a lot of steps.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=34592
see if that works for you.

Snoop Dogg Intern- Where my hoes at?
J.D.- I haven't seen them.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearview View Post
wow that's a lot of steps.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=34592
see if that works for you.
Well it probably would but I just want EmoDio to do what it's supposed to do. I'm use AVS video converter instead and it's fine so it's not really a big deal but I can't understand how Sansung would ship software that seems to have a bug (at least in my setup).