android
Old 09-29-2008, 11:27 AM

Help Playlists

my zen X-Fi is having an issue. Anytime i try to find a song by album, when i get to the album it says that there are "no tracks in this category" even though they are on the player, and when i find them in the "all tracks" section the album title is listed. Curiously, this only happens with the first album on each artist page. If the artist has more than one album, the second, third, etc. albums are fine. I transferred the songs using realplayer. What's going on, and how do I fix it?

also, i tried just pressing play when it gets to the artist, and it plays a song without any screen it just says "press play to play music"

Last edited by BobbyRS; 10-01-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-08-2008, 02:06 PM

Default quick question re playlists

Lets say I get a 32 GB player and fill it with music. I then create a playlist (I use JRiver but it creates standard playlists like WMP etc) which uses songs that are already on the player. A 2nd copy of the songs will not be made, correct? In other words I could create an unlimited number of playlists using the songs on the player.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:59 PM

Default Zen X-Fi Add to Auto Playlists w/WMP 10

Set-up my Zen-X-Fi 32 gb player to auto synch playlists. Playlists were flawlessly transferred to my player; "My ZEN" folder added to WMP 10 (using Windows XP Home Edition Sv Pk 3) showed all these playlists and Windows Explorer showed Zen-Media-Playlist folder had all the playlists listed. Several days later, in WMP I added 7 songs to some of the existing playlists; these changes showed in "My Zen" folder also. When I attached my player to my PC, WMP said it was verifying-this verifying went on for 12+ hours and when it got to 53% stopped. I had to disconnect my player/reset. When I reattached it to my computer, I tried to resynch the new songs. These songs showed they were synched; when I checked player they were not in the playlists, but were on the player. In WMP "My Zen" showed the added songs, BUT in Windows Explorer the "Zen-Media-Playlists" folder was now empty; none of the playlists showed anymore.
Can anyone help me fix this problem. This is my first Zen; I do enjoy it.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:50 PM

Default Playlist: songs add to random, wrong list

Hi - i use Centrale to manage my x-fi and have about 30 playlists. However, when i try to add a track to a playlist, selected from the dropdown menu, the song gets added to ANY other playlist, but not the one i selected

i have found a work-around. Say i want to add a track to a playlist called 'Rock' - if i rename the playlist '1 Rock', it is first in the dropdown list of playlists, then the new tracks will add to the '1 Rock' playlist. When i have finished adding tracks, i rename it 'Rock'. To add to 'Folk', i rename it '1 folk', etc. Not very handy.

I had looked into using WMP, (and might do so yet), but it doesn't recognise any of my existing playlists, and some have over 1,000 tracks on them. btw, the problem about new tracks going to the wrong playlist happens for playlists with few songs (say 12), as well as those with lots f songs.

Anyone know of a fix? Should i just start using WMP, and recreate my playlists - it would be a bit of pain, but not unthinkable, as they were fairly quick to put together. Thanks

Old 10-21-2008, 04:55 PM

On a personal note, I avoid WMP at EVERY OPPORTUNITY. it sucks.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackswood View Post
Hi - i use Centrale to manage my x-fi and have about 30 playlists. However, when i try to add a track to a playlist, selected from the dropdown menu, the song gets added to ANY other playlist, but not the one i selected

i have found a work-around. Say i want to add a track to a playlist called 'Rock' - if i rename the playlist '1 Rock', it is first in the dropdown list of playlists, then the new tracks will add to the '1 Rock' playlist. When i have finished adding tracks, i rename it 'Rock'. To add to 'Folk', i rename it '1 folk', etc. Not very handy.

I had looked into using WMP, (and might do so yet), but it doesn't recognise any of my existing playlists, and some have over 1,000 tracks on them. btw, the problem about new tracks going to the wrong playlist happens for playlists with few songs (say 12), as well as those with lots f songs.

Anyone know of a fix? Should i just start using WMP, and recreate my playlists - it would be a bit of pain, but not unthinkable, as they were fairly quick to put together. Thanks

Get JRiver Media Jukebox, free and much better than WMP or iTunes. It might be able to import your existing playlists depending on what format they are. But you can recreate them or create new ones that are much more flexible and contain almost any criteria you want. One example - rock songs rated higher than 4 stars recorded between 1960 and 1970 that do not include any Beatles or the album Highway 61 by Dylan.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You also may want to check out MediaMonkey. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 11-14-2008, 03:24 PM

Default Problems with playlists (x-fi 16gb)

Im having problems working out how the playlists work, i can add one song using, "save as playlist" but can't seem to add any more songs to it,

can anyone help?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome Adamw94.

Merged with existing Playlist thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-27-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeofftopic365 View Post
my zen X-Fi is having an issue. Anytime i try to find a song by album, when i get to the album it says that there are "no tracks in this category" even though they are on the player, and when i find them in the "all tracks" section the album title is listed. Curiously, this only happens with the first album on each artist page. If the artist has more than one album, the second, third, etc. albums are fine. I transferred the songs using realplayer. What's going on, and how do I fix it?

also, i tried just pressing play when it gets to the artist, and it plays a song without any screen it just says "press play to play music"
I had something similar happen..try using the 'view tracks' function

Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamw94 View Post
Im having problems working out how the playlists work, i can add one song using, "save as playlist" but can't seem to add any more songs to it,

can anyone help?
Give this a read to see if it helps.

Zen FAQ

Tags
add, playlist, playlists, save