android
Old 10-18-2008, 11:11 PM

Default FM radio station presets

I am having trouble adding this to the TWiki at rockbox.org, so I'll post it here first... FM station presets for Phoenix, Az. radio stations. 31 stations with ultra-brief description of programming.

The stations on the list are those I can pick up in my Gilbert, Az. (SE part of Phoenix) apartment.

Unzip the file to get a file called PHOENIX_AZ.fmr. Copy this file to the .rockbox\fmpresets folder on your e200 player and select "Load Preset List" from the "FM Radio" menu that you access by holding down the select button while playing a radio station.

Enjoy when you're in Phoenix...

MR
Attached Files
File Type: zip PHOENIX_AZ.zip (485 Bytes, 31 views)

Last edited by m.rehorst; 10-18-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you ask for write access on Rockbox IRC?

Old 10-19-2008, 02:47 AM

I registered to use the Twiki page- I was under the impression that that would give me access...

Old 10-19-2008, 03:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

On this page, it says this:
Quote:
TWiki is a collaborative tool we use for storing documentation, FAQs, How-Tos, proposals, and other static information. Everyone is invited to join and help. All that you need to do to contribute is register yourself and then ask for write permission (in the #rockbox IRC channel). All changes to all pages are version controlled and tagged with the author's name so that nothing can be destroyed by mistake or sabotage. Remember though, you only need to register if you actually want to edit information in the Wiki. Please don't register unless you actually intend to contribute.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:30 PM

I made the Quebec city presets if someone is interested. Just change the file extension to ".fmr".
I didn't know how to upload it on Rockbox site neither.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Québec.txt (484 Bytes, 19 views)

Old 10-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Oxolodo, did you register and ask for wiki write access?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:27 PM

Default I also had problems, wanted to contribute

FM Presets for Toledo, OH USA and Detroit, MI USA
Attached Files
File Type: txt Detroit MI.txt (899 Bytes, 9 views)
File Type: txt Toledo OH.txt (479 Bytes, 4 views)

Old 10-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I renamed it since people seemed to be have issues with the Rockbox Wiki then. I stickied this too.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
Oxolodo, did you register and ask for wiki write access?
I didn't register in fact, I just want to upload a fm preset, it's not a big contribution and I'm not planning to get involved in Rockbox as I'm not a programmer...

It's great that you stickied this, it's an easier way for common people to post their preset. Maybe an uncommon person could then upload all of them on rockbox.org....

Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 PM

For anyone planning to make an FM presets file, there are two things I recommend:

1) Don't try to create the file in the player- it is much too painful to select the text for station labels/descriptions. The .fmr file is plain text and can be created with any text file editor such as windows notepad, wordpad, etc. The file name can be at least 26 characters long, but I don't know the maximum length. Just give it a meaningful name such as "phoenix_az.fmr". Use the player to scan the radio stations, then enter frequencies and text descriptions on your computer. If you're not sure of a station ID, look it up on the web by entering the frequency and city. Transfer the file to your player's .rockbox\fmpresets directory by drag and drop the same way you add music.

2) The file format is: frequency in Hz:descriptive text
The file contains one line of text per station, maximum of 64 lines/stations per file.
Rockbox (3.0) will only display a maximum of 21 characters to the right of the :

example:
93300000:KSUX Radio that sux big time

In the example above, the "b" in big will be the last character displayed.

Last edited by m.rehorst; 10-25-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Rockbox Developer

Wiki access is not just for programmers. If you only want to contribute once, just FM Presets, we'll still give you write access if you try.

Contributing in this forum thread instead of trying to put it on the wiki is kinda silly. You're basically limiting who can see your presets to just the people who use these boards, and that doesn't help nearly as many people as having them on the main Rockbox site in the long term.

If you're having problems with the wiki, simply ask for help in the same place you asked for write access, there's almost certainly someone who can help you around.

Tags
arizona, az., fm, phoenix, presets