android
Old 10-15-2008, 10:23 PM

Default Request : Recent build with old keymap!

Hi,
I prefer the old keymap a lot from the new one, I find it more intuitive and I'm used to it. Isanggon and cpchan, both using the old keymap, have ceased to update their build. I've been using isanggon's build for a while but now that the stable 3.0 version have came out, I would like to update my sansa!

I tried to compile my own build : I began to read about cygwin and everything, but the more I read the more I realize I don't have enough wisdom to achieve my goal

So, Pleeeaase, could someone do it for me? applying only the patch "old keymap" to the 3.0 source code?

(I think you can find the patch in the file keymap-e200.zip in this thread : http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=30109)

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-17-2008, 02:53 PM

You can make your own keymap using only the symbols you want by just making a text file and putting it into the .rockbox folder sadly i cant remember the name your supposed to save it as since i haven't done it in a while but i have done it before. So even if someone wont make you a build you can atleast make your own keymap to mimic or resemble the old one.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:01 PM

Would copying the old keymap from Isanggon's or cpchan's build to a new build work? or does it have to be in a format the new build uses?

Old 10-17-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Cow View Post
You can make your own keymap using only the symbols you want by just making a text file and putting it into the .rockbox folder sadly i cant remember the name your supposed to save it as since i haven't done it in a while but i have done it before. So even if someone wont make you a build you can atleast make your own keymap to mimic or resemble the old one.
oxolodo is talking about the actual key configuration, not the text editor keymap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenter940 View Post
Would copying the old keymap from Isanggon's or cpchan's build to a new build work? or does it have to be in a format the new build uses?
A keymap cant just be copied, it has to be applied as a patch to the rockbox source code. I tried recently, but all I got was a bunch of failed hunks. I can't do anything about it because I can't program!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:55 PM

You're right wakdood, I want the main interface keymap changed to the old obvious way :
- You press the menu button to go to the menu, not to stop (who has ever used the stop function on any audio playing device)
- You press the submenu button to get a submenu, it's a very frequent action that shouldn't take a long press.

These are really the two things that bug me with the new keymap

Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM

I agree, I put up with the new keymap but I don't really like it...

Old 10-21-2008, 12:45 AM

if you really want a build with the old keymap, go compile one yourself. just set up a build environment, download the source code from SVN, and apply the patch.
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...For_Developers
i get a bunch of failed hunks, and i dont know how to program, so i cant really do anything about it.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:06 PM

I am not able to program too... Maybe if I give it a lot of time, but I tought that someone here could do it in a matter of minutes.