android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > General MP3 Player / PMP Discussion

Old 10-15-2008, 12:47 AM

Default Whats the best mp3 with touchscreen, and bluetooth (under 150 dlls)

This is what I need preferably

8gb
touch screen
BLUE TOOTH IS A MUST (why you may ask so, because I do alot of biking and those wires usually fell of my ear, and get stuck with the wheel and break the whole headphone lol)
Wifi (if possible at my budget)

Thanks you guys rock!

Whats the cheapest mp3 with WIFI?

Last edited by Ric0h; 10-15-2008 at 01:07 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-15-2008, 08:42 AM

Under 150? No way for that kinda specs...even an iPod Touch without Bluetooth is like $300-$400 your dreaming buddy.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:18 PM

Insignia Pilot might fit the less than 150$ bill, but no touchscreen.

Samsung T10 is also less than 150$, no mechanical buttons but not entirely touch either(heat sensor switches), and only 4 gb.

Or save 30$ more for a samsung P2. its going at 180$ on amazon.com. it has all your requirements except the price.

Why you'd want to use a touchscreen while biking is beyond my understanding... forget snagging your headphone wires in your wheels, you're running the risk of dropping your player while rolling at over 20mph each time you take it out of your pocket to change songs or volume...

And you're not getting anything with wifi in that price range... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I would suggest getting a set of earphone that clips around your earlobe if you have an earphone-falling out problem. ex koss ksc75

Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 PM

I am not always on straight pavement while biking, sometimes mountains where it gets rought. So nothing will avoid it from falling.

Does the P2 has wifi?

And my friend is selling me the ipod touch (which broken lcd, which I can repair for prob 20 bucks) But I don't think that has bluetooth does it? or even wifi

The touchscreen well, when I am biking I dont even have time to change volume or songs, So I just leave it play all at a good volume and just leave it. On my old sansa e280, I was able to put it in the frame, and it was super easy to navigate around it. And it holds the bumps preety well because of its thickness and small size, its just the perfect size for my frame.

Are the features I am looking for worth it? Like wifi, is it really worth it?

I think I am going to end up buying my friend ipod touch and just fix the screen, but it is way cheaper than if I buy something new or refurbished. But I need your opinions before I do this.... Thanks

Only thing I hate about ipod is that you have to always rely on itunes or whatever, and there is no drag and drop! Though I am sure there must be some trick to make it work with drag and drop.

Last edited by Ric0h; 10-15-2008 at 02:18 PM.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:35 PM

The P2 has bluetooth no wifi, the broken touch has wifi no bluetooth. If I was you and you were me we would get the P2 and wireless headphones and call it a day. I've used the wifi on a Itouch before and it's not all that great, it's decent but I would use bluetooth headphones alot more.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Why use bluetooth? The player gets much poorer battery life when using blutooth. The sound quality is decreased by being transmitted then received. The bluetooth headphones is an extra thing that needs to be recharged. Why do this? Just to do without the headphone cord? The headphone cord also helps prevent the player from being damaged if it is dropped. Often enough the player when dropped will be cought by the headphone cord, and the plug won't detatch.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:58 PM

yes, I know that about wired headphones.... But I have broken too many while riding, so its a clear no no. Otherwise I would keep my sansa e280

Old 10-15-2008, 03:59 PM

Maybe get a Bluetooth adapter and phones for your current player. That might be the cheapest solution.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:01 PM

Wow did not know those existed. Ill look for them right now

As for the ipod, I just realized the glass costs 40 dollars (hoping I won't break it during installing, this would be my first time)
So for the ipod I would have to spend 100+40 so Maybe 140 isent cheap after all

Last edited by Ric0h; 10-15-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:34 PM

But for use when riding a bike it would be awesome. Plus if it falls off and is attached to the cord it's going right into the wheels and turning into a baseball card in the spokes. You'll sound like a Harley for a minute but the you'll need a new player. I've seen it happen, and I wish I had the camera for that one

Old 10-15-2008, 05:36 PM

HAHAHA!! SO TRUE MAN

So, my best choice is to buy his itouch? The samsung is way too much for me, they go for 200 and thats only 8gb.

Anyone know if the iphone glass screen will work on the itouch? iphone glass sells for 18 bucks, the itouch goes for over 40 bucks. AS far as I know they are the same size.

Are the bluetooth adaptor thing this?
http://www.bestcellaccessories.com/j...source=froogle

And are there any cheaper than 30 bucks?

Last edited by Ric0h; 10-15-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:46 PM

You need a 3.5 not a 2.5, because the 2.5 is the smaller standard phone size. You may be able to find an adapter though. Very disappointed in the Itouch buying thing, but you have to do for you not me Just remember that in bluetooth like everything else you get what you pay for. An adapter is a great option but if it drags your price up then the P2 may still be cheaper. I don't know anything about the Itouch screens for that is the darkside and I am on the lightside.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I returned the touch cause the SQ was so crappy. And for active use isn't it kinda' LARGE?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:45 PM

The D2 and the touch are the same size as far as I know.

What is SQ?

I am still not done deciding which mp3 I am gonna choose, I am just saying that the used touch has the best bang for the buck, except ill have to sacrifice the drag and drop which I love.

So if I fix it properly, I will get a new touch for 130 asumming I did everything right.

Right now I am on the touch side because it has lots of games and its preety custumazible.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:55 PM

The D2 is half the size of the Touch, length x width (but almost twice as fat).

SQ = sound quality.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i think, actually, that for biking, touch sq should be sufficient...no ones gonna pay that much attention to the quality when they're biking, and tired, and the wind is whipping past their head at who knows how fast...

BUT, the touch DOES NOT has bluetooth, which i thought was a must have for you?

Old 10-15-2008, 08:58 PM

Yeah, but I can get an adaptor for that, is what I am being told.....

What the great features of the D2 anyways? I heard its good.... But never looked into the features...

Other than touchscreen and SD compatible, and movie, thats all I know from this player

Old 10-15-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric0h View Post
What the great features of the D2 anyways? I heard its good.... But never looked into the features...

Other than touchscreen and SD compatible, and movie, thats all I know from this player
It's got alot of things going for it. If you change to the korean firmware (3.xx) you can customize the UI, there's a dictionary. It has a notepad , 2 calculators (regular and scientific), the SQ is excellent, it plays almost all file types, and with multible SD cards the capacity is endless. If they would just release a 32gb then we could all have an 8,000/8,000 file limit http://www.amazon.com/Cowon-Portable...4123298&sr=8-3 <no9 crosses his fingers and hits WalkGood with a large trout for luck>

Old 10-15-2008, 11:21 PM

Does the screen gets scratched easily(FOR THE D2)? That was one big plus for the ipod touch.

I do alot of messing with mp3s and since the ipod preety much has an operating system, I could do limitless things on that thing.

Wow, just found this, has anyone tried this mp3 out?
Its called
Zen X-Fi

Last edited by Ric0h; 10-15-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 PM

No it doesn't scratch that easily. You should still have a screen protector but it does pretty good without it. Now come on, You never heard of a Zen X-fi? Really?! We've gotta get you an avitar and teach you the ease of the search option

Tags
bluetooth, pmp, touch screen