android
Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 PM

Default The D2 UI is terrible

In order to get to my playlists, I have to click Music, which brings me to the now playing screen, click the screen again to bring up the menus, click browser, click music list, click mode, click music library, scroll down to playlist and click it.

I just got this today so hopefully I'm missing something. There must be a faster way to get to playlists right?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 AM

haha.
i tried the d2 in the electronic store a few days ago.
i really didnt like the UI.

but, doesnt the d2 have buttons you can assign functions to?
maybe you can assign the playlist to a (physical) button?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

I am positive one of the D2 owners will supply a good answer. Wait and see.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:28 AM

errrrrmmm no... i don't think so, but i don't really use playlists so i could be wrong

Old 10-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No, you CAN'T assign a button to bring up the playlist selection, sadly. The buttons can be programmed to do FF/REV, Play/Pause, Skip/or Previous track, etc while on hold. The UI DOES have a few *yuks* to it. I have a D2 so,.......

Old 10-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I didn't like the D2 interface at first as well... but then after some time it grew on me. And now I find it to be very good for my needs, despite some unnecessary taps. Instant access anywhere in the timeline-display and virtual motion are quite nice. Just give it a few more days before you come to a final verdict...

Old 10-15-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idynkydnk View Post
In order to get to my playlists, I have to click Music, which brings me to the now playing screen, click the screen again to bring up the menus, click browser, click music list, click mode, click music library, scroll down to playlist and click it.

I just got this today so hopefully I'm missing something. There must be a faster way to get to playlists right?
There isn't. But, assuming you're not driving or doing anything else, it'll only take you ~10 seconds to get to playlists.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:57 PM

Will the d3 have the same interface?

Old 10-16-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_headshot View Post
Will the d3 have the same interface?
Well, that would be IF there was a D3, which is still uncertain.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

OK,the D2 is terrible at getting to playlists, however, it is still one of the most amazing DAPs ever produced. I can't wait until I get a hold of one.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Despite 1 or 2 little issues (and they ARE little) the D2 is 1 of, if not THE, best sounding and performing players out ATM.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
OK,the D2 is terrible at getting to playlists, however, it is still one of the most amazing DAPs ever produced. I can't wait until I get a hold of one.
You can buy mine. I threw out the box like a retard so I can't return it. Seriously, buy it from me

Old 10-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idynkydnk View Post
You can buy mine. I threw out the box like a retard so I can't return it. Seriously, buy it from me
I have a D2, a Sony A829, a Sansa Fuze & clip, an ipod mini w/a 16gb cf card (modded it me'self), and now a Zune 120. Why would I buy your D2? I think I have enough ATM, thanks.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I have a D2, a Sony A829, a Sansa Fuze & clip, an ipod mini w/a 16gb cf card (modded it me'self), and now a Zune 120. Why would I buy your D2? I think I have enough ATM, thanks.
Wasn't quoting you

Old 11-09-2008, 02:56 PM

still wanting to sell your D2? which model and for how much?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFG View Post
Well, that would be IF there was a D3, which is still uncertain.
IF there was a D3, we wouldn't see it until like 2010, just look at how they are releasing the s9.. oh wait.. it isn't released yet! (sarcasm)

when I found out the s9 wasn't a replacement for the D2, the possibility of owning a D3 excited me, but now I see that won't happen in a long time and I need a good pmp so... s9 it is, when it ever gets released.

as for the original thread subject.. I don't own a D2 but I've seen the UI on the internet and I really was not fond of it. Wasn't pretty, wasn't fast enough (so much clicking) and looked a bit too techie. You can have all those functions.. just.. hide them a bit IMO

It's probably the same reason I didn't get the P2 from Samsung, the UI and overall use of the player didn't excited me too much. And I think I'm gettign use to that form factor. The ipod-esque squished cut out plastic tube kind of look. It was nice and sleek.. but now, I don't find it's different anymore, but once again, that's personal and subjective.

Current player: Sansa Clip 4GB (as a temporary and workout player)
Future PMP: looks like I'll never get one cuz I'll never be satisfied.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessipoo View Post
IF there was a D3, we wouldn't see it until like 2010, just look at how they are releasing the s9.. oh wait.. it isn't released yet! (sarcasm)

when I found out the s9 wasn't a replacement for the D2, the possibility of owning a D3 excited me, but now I see that won't happen in a long time and I need a good pmp so... s9 it is, when it ever gets released.

as for the original thread subject.. I don't own a D2 but I've seen the UI on the internet and I really was not fond of it. Wasn't pretty, wasn't fast enough (so much clicking) and looked a bit too techie. You can have all those functions.. just.. hide them a bit IMO

It's probably the same reason I didn't get the P2 from Samsung, the UI and overall use of the player didn't excited me too much. And I think I'm gettign use to that form factor. The ipod-esque squished cut out plastic tube kind of look. It was nice and sleek.. but now, I don't find it's different anymore, but once again, that's personal and subjective.
Put the D2 next to any MP3 player and it will leave it in the dust. I have yet to see a review that tell you everything the D2 really does. The UI is awesome. I have a creative Zen and an Ipod and so far the D2 kicks ass on both. anyone thinking of getting one needs to jump on it.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:18 AM

well, someone should tell us what the D2 does better than all the other players..

i've always hesitated to buy a D2, because the UI seems more complicated and time consuming than it should be....

Old 12-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

D2's interface is actually faster and more convenient to use for me than most other players. Just a matter of getting used to...

Old 12-02-2008, 01:20 PM

hmm... if the S9 disappoints i'll get the Sony S63x or the D2.... and hopefully the D2 will surprise me..