android
Old 09-30-2008, 09:17 AM

Exclamation Transferring from a P2 to another

Hello,

I'm wondering if I could connect to another P2 via BlueTooth to get some of his music on HIS P2. Is this possible? Maybe with images too?

By the way, I tried connecting once. We were both discoverable. I searched for him, and found nothing. He searched for me, he found nothing. We both searched found nothing. We were 1m away from each other. What was the problem? Both our Bluetooth was on, too.

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-30-2008, 10:42 AM

You can, but transfer is pretty slow. I just transferred files between my T10 and P2 using this method.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 PM

maybe u both searched for each other at the same time just do it one at a time and stay in the bluetooth menu meanwhile then it pops up

Old 09-30-2008, 06:43 PM

Well, we did this:

We both made our P2s on and discoverable. Then, he went back to the bluetooth menu, while I pressed 'File Transfer'. It was searching, but after about 45 seconds, it still didn't find him. I went back to my bluetooth menu, and he did the same thing. He didn't find me. However, I could easily find my friend's T10 and cellphone, and they can easily find mind. I just can't find my friend's P2. I'm pretty pissed at this.

Any help?

Thanks

Old 09-30-2008, 06:47 PM

try checking the firmware #

Old 09-30-2008, 06:56 PM

His is Firmware 5.10 (US). Mine is 5.08 (US). Does the firmware need to be the same?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

it should work regardless of firmware, its just slow sometimes...

like this one time, it took over a minute for my phone to connect to my p2...

Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 PM

yeah u should prolly update it

Old 09-30-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMp3s View Post
Hello,

I'm wondering if I could connect to another P2 via BlueTooth to get some of his music on HIS P2. Is this possible? Maybe with images too?
Look, you're no longer new here....have you ever given any thought to reading these forums before posting a question? This has been answered before as has 99% of your questions have!

Start with the FAQ and keep going! It's time for you to learn how to fish. Next, you may learn how to use the search function. Give it a try before posting the same old, same old that your questions generally represent.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
Look, you're no longer new here....have you ever given any thought to reading these forums before posting a question? This has been answered before as has 99% of your questions have!

Start with the FAQ and keep going! It's time for you to learn how to fish. Next, you may learn how to use the search function. Give it a try before posting the same old, same old that your questions generally represent.
I surely did search and did not find a definite answer. Sorry if this question is repetitive.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post

while i agree with searching thoroughly before posting, i really dont agree with the mood your post was giving

the op asked a question (even if it is an old old question), i think that instead of trying to put him down, you couldve at least pointed him to the appropriate thread? just trying to be nice here

Old 10-01-2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
while i agree with searching thoroughly before posting, i really dont agree with the mood your post was giving

the op asked a question (even if it is an old old question), i think that instead of trying to put him down, you couldve at least pointed him to the appropriate thread? just trying to be nice here
I don't mind the rudeness: what he's saying is true. However, I won't mind a little guidance

Old 10-01-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post

I've answered a few questions by the OP. I've also tried to direction him/her more than once to where they could find answers on thier own. Yet, there is no desire to proactively seek answers. Polite suggestions have been given on prior ocassions. I did not try to put him/her down, I just suggested that after a while it's time to take the training wheels off and try to help one's self out first.

My obligation is not to perform a search for someone who is capable of doing the same.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMp3s View Post
I surely did search and did not find a definite answer. Sorry if this question is repetitive.
Bluetooth Troubleshooting Guide:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=25118

What does my Samsung PMP support?

The Samsung line of Bluetooth enabled PMPs (YP-P2, YP-T10, YP-S5, etc...) all share a common feature set. That is, they support specific profiles, and have somewhat esoteric procedures for pairing with other devices. All of the Samsung devices support the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) which is used for pairing with wireless headphones for listening to music. This is different from the Headset (HSP) profile which most cellular phones have to pair with the little bluetooth headsets for calling without the phone physically head to one's head. HSP only supports low bitrate mono sound transfer and is not capable of stereo music support. Hence the Samsung players do not support it. The players also support the Audio/Visual Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) so you can control the play/pause and change songs (etc) directly from your remote device. This is not required to use bluetooth headphones, but the Samsung Players support the function.

With the Samsung Bluewave firmware update released for the YP-P2 and the YP-T10, the player also supports the Object Push Profile (OPP) which allows a sender to "push" files to a paired device (images, music, contact cards, etc). The Bluewave also introduced the Hands-Free Profile (HFP) which allows the players to act as a hands-free calling system for the phone, enabling basic control of the phone such as making a calls from the PMP. Again HFP is not HSP because it allows for two way control. The HFP device can control the phone and make calls whereas an HSP device simply plays the broadcast audio signal from a call. The Samsung Bluewave players support the HFP Hands-Free Profile.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 AM

Yes, I've already read that. I'm trying to use the OPP feature with the other P2. It's not connecting, but it does work with cellphones.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:23 PM

Unfortunately I do not have another P2 to test this with, but it sounds like you've done everything right:

1) Turn on BT on both devices
2) Make at least one of them "discoverable"
3) Goto "File Transfer" and wait for device A to discover device B
4) On device A, select the discovered device and select files to transfer

The firmaware version should not matter, but you could try upgrading / downgrading so both devices are the same version. If this works, post the results here to help others. I highly doubt this will be the root of the issue, though.

Only other suggestions would be to go to bluetooth settings and:
1) change the timeout (mine is set to 30 seconds though and if you already have it at 45 seconds it should be okay).
2) Go into "Delete Device" and see how many BT devices you have listed. Perhaps you cannot have more than 6 BT devices listed at any one time? Try deleting a device and re-trying. Or you might try deleting all of them and starting over? Might be worth a shot....

Any other suggestions out there?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 AM

I only have one device which is my cell. I followed your steps with no success. My timeout is 60 seconds.

Edit: I first tried deleting the Bluetooth devices in my P2, and tried searching again with no success.

I also tried formatting, and my friend tried formatting, and we both failed.

What really bugs me still is that I can find my cell, my cellphone, my headphones, my computer, my other friend's T10 within seconds. My friend can too. However, we can't find each other's P2s! It's really annoying.

Last edited by TooManyMp3s; 10-06-2008 at 11:01 PM.