android
Old 09-24-2008, 10:28 PM

Default Changing Album Art?

Hi, I have model NWZS615F and I was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to change the album art on a song, after you've add it? Sometimes when I add songs, the MP3 player will post different pics ad the album art, even if they're from the same album. I've tried deleting the song, posting the album art I want thru Windows Media Player, and adding the song again, but it doesnt work. It still brings up the same picture. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 AM

I've had a problem with album art with Windows Media Player (WMP) too. One thing I found that WMP seems to do is place the album art as hidden system files in the same folder that contains the music file(s).

I checked a folder containing a music album that was managed with WMP and found two hidden system files: AlbumArtSmall.jpg, and Folder.jpg. So what might be happening is that when you change the album art or delete the songs from WMP the old album art remains as hidden files within the folder.

The most reliable way I've found to handle album art is to:

- After ripping the files I use a program called "MP3Tag" to embed the album art into each file's tag (so that it travels with the music file), and create a file called "folder.jpg" in the folder with the music files.

- Then I manually move the album's folder into the the folder containing my music library. I don't allow my music manager software to automatically rearrange my music library.

As far as managing the music on my player, I use a program called MediaMonkey. I've found that it handles album art perfectly as long as I follow the above procedures. I've set up my system to automatically add all new music found in my music library.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by CDMP3PlayerFan; 09-27-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Grammar correction

Old 09-25-2008, 09:11 PM

Yup, that did the trick. Thanks so much.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 AM

Wink

I use ID3 Tag IT
www.id3-tagit.de
To tag files and add album art.
Select song clic More>Pictures.
I add the album art inside the mp3 file