Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Default IVO m100

I have been using a IVO m100 player for two weeks now and it has performed quite adequately. This is twice as long as any of my unfortunate experiences with the Sansa Express. The SE has a tendency to malfunction in a matter of days after first use.

The IVO m100 is a VERY inexpensive player ($15.00 at Fry's Electronics for a 1G player). It may be a no-name or Fry's house brand for a Google search on the brand yields little information.

A stroke of genius is the omission of the Power-On button. It turns on when the headphone plug is inserted and goes off when the plug is removed. If, like me, you have had players which stop responding to Power-On, this is brilliant as it eliminates a source of mechanical failure.
There are two simple controls which combine the Fwd/Prev functions with VolUp/VolDn.

It does have some problems. It does not resume play at the point of interruption when reactivated. It starts at the very beginning. With no visual display, there is no means of determining the current track or the play time.

Once in a while, the player may fail during play. But, so far I have found that it recovers nicely on the next power up.

For a $15 MP3, I was expecting this to be a completely disposable player. But it has outperformed much more expensive players.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]