android
Old 09-17-2008, 03:34 PM

Default Zune Premium Earphones

Hi

I don't own a Zune, and probably never will. However, I was checking on the Zune Premium Earphones V1 and V2 for my current player:

Honestly, I'm not much of an audiophile, but I do love good sound and strong bass.

Has anyone tried them? Got any reviews, good or bad? Advice? Experience?

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-17-2008, 04:45 PM

In my opinion, they are worth it when included with the Zune 80, but I would never pay a separate $30.00 for them.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Zune Moderator

I paid the $40 for them and love them dearly, they sound great and they are built well to. I would recommend them to anyone.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've tried the V2's and, with the exception of some micro-phonics from the great cloth-cover cable, they are pretty solid for the price. These are not SUPER BASS producing like the V-Moda Vibe Bass Freq's, but pretty clear sounding. I'think they're pretty solid for $30.00. I've heard the V1's aren't as good though, so go w/the V2's.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i agree with them being good phones except for the sound from the cables...i never use them to work out...

Old 11-09-2008, 11:00 AM

Bought the V2 earbuds and pretty happy with them. Sound was a bit tinny at first, but after pushing through the burn-in, they sound better. I also noticed that although the smallest inserts felt the most comfortable, the medium size gave me the best sound (fuller bass that leveled off the sound).

My only question is, what is the "clip" for that came with it and how do you use it?

It's a small hair band with a pull on it. I've tried a few differant ways to tie up the cord with it, none with any success!

Old 11-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Zune Moderator

I'll post a pic of how the clip works in a second

Edit:

1. clip it onto the cable like shown below.

2. wrap the cable around your hand or a similarly sized object.

3. rap the bungee cord type thing around the cable like shown below.

Last edited by Cruleworld; 11-09-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:47 PM

The Premium Zune headphones are about as high quality as the Zune is; in other words, you won't get much benefit from going any higher with your choice of quality headphones. They're more or less a perfect match to the Zune.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:05 PM

Well I am looking for some good iem's to go along with my zune 8gb. I've had my eye on these ever since I got my Zune and I want to buy some but; on some reviews on amazon it says that when the wire rubs against anything then it transfers the sound into the bud but other than thatthey are good headphones. Is this a drawback to these earphones or are they still a good buy, and can you hear this noise clearly when you are listening to music or not? I listen to rock mainly metal so would these iems be or good buy or not?

Old 12-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Zune Moderator

I didn't notice this problem with mine. The problem I had was the fabric coming off the cable.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:01 PM

Well do you think it is was a good buy?

Old 12-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Zune Moderator

Yes

Old 12-30-2008, 08:21 PM

Well I'm not sure if I should buy these. I am no audiophile but I do want a good nice sounding sounding headphone for my Zune 8. A part of me is saying I do want them( which i do) and to buy them, while another part is saying I should get these headphones. Well if I do want to buy them first I have to get some money. But I can't decide, I guess in the end it will all be decided by a coin flip. Or if I get enough recommendations to buy them.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:15 PM

i got em for christmas, they are awesome. They sound great, plenty loud and very comfortable. I highly recommend them.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:53 AM

Fantastic. I ran into a strange situation where I had bought a 4 gig Zune for $129, and a month and a half later Futureshop put the 8 gig on for $100!

Anyway, after really going to bat for me to allow an exchange, the customer service guy told me that I would get back the full $129, and be only charged $100 for the 8 gig. I told him it wasn't right to take advantage like that, and he said, thats how they do things. SO, I went and grabbed the premium earphones to "make up the difference".

Wow. After getting used to the inner ear bud (Kinda felt like MP3 rape at first, I kid you not!), I fell completely in love with this. The stock buds that came with the player are still sealed in the box..these are fantastic earphones.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
Fantastic. I ran into a strange situation where I had bought a 4 gig Zune for $129, and a month and a half later Futureshop put the 8 gig on for $100!

Anyway, after really going to bat for me to allow an exchange, the customer service guy told me that I would get back the full $129, and be only charged $100 for the 8 gig. I told him it wasn't right to take advantage like that, and he said, thats how they do things. SO, I went and grabbed the premium earphones to "make up the difference".

Wow. After getting used to the inner ear bud (Kinda felt like MP3 rape at first, I kid you not!), I fell completely in love with this. The stock buds that came with the player are still sealed in the box..these are fantastic earphones.
Wow, lucky you. And remember kids, ear rape is good, so very very good.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:03 PM

It seriosuly does take time to get used to, it's very...intimate. I kid you not. Also, they DO slip out of your ears more than standard buds do, I get annoyed sometimes at the gym, because they have a tendancy to fall out.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
It seriosuly does take time to get used to, it's very...intimate. I kid you not. Also, they DO slip out of your ears more than standard buds do, I get annoyed sometimes at the gym, because they have a tendancy to fall out.
Try these for your premium earbuds: http://www.complyfoam.com/products/f...standard-size/

Old 05-15-2010, 09:19 AM

Just as an update, I STILL have the Zune Premium Inner Ear phones, though the Zune is long gone.

I now use them for a 3rd gen Ipod Touch (I am sorry...not really!), and I want more! Now that Zune is all but dead, I plan on grabbing a few extra pairs as backups...these are the best pound for pound earphones I ever used.

Tags
earphone, zune