android
Old 09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Lightbulb Case for the construction Audiophile

Since I dropped my Samsung MT6Z 15 feet off a balcony I've been trying to find a way to protect my tunes. When I got my D2 this is what I did. I bought a Witz Sport Cases See-It-Safe - Clear and drilled a hole for the headphone jack and cut out a piece of foam so that it wouldn't rattle around. Then I bought a silcone skin to keep it from scatching on the ins and outs.

The case has a lanyard so it hangs around your neck and people seem to think your wearing a heart monitor but your player is almost indestructable and if you gromet the headphone jack hole it's nearly rain proof. It started out as an I7 case but the D2 fits much better.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice - I'd love this myself. Do you have a link to purchase the case?

EDIT: Found sellers on Google Search: http://www.google.com/products?q=Wit...oducts&show=dd

Old 09-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This thing's probably abot perfect for you if you listen at work. You guys a rain or shine pretty much aren't you? I've got to get something better for the foam on the inside. I'm thinking about something with a little color and a slot in it for an extra SD card. When you get the witz case make sure you tie the necklace rope together. You'll see what I mean when you get it. Heres a few more pics. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...php?albumid=44
I had one of these cases with cigarettes in it 2 weeks ago while canoeing. I fell in and swam 200' with them in my pocket. Not a drop of water got in. With the hole in the top I wouldn't try that but with some kind of gasket you could stop that or a fixed headphone jack. If anyone has any ideas or a different system throw it in the mix. I have seen the Pelican i1010 http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=i1010 its slick also.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Redneck Moderator

Hmm.. this is nice to know, wearing it around the neck is alot better than the pocket, but still, it can get smashed in the line of work I do(concrete) I'll be getting one of these for sure.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Smashed, possibly but it's a pretty strong case. And around your neck under a t-shirt if it gets smashed you've got alot more problems than your broken D2/I7/Zen/whatever. I used to use a Sony digital camera case on my belt loop but even with the padding I still had to favor one side so as not to smash my ZVM. With this when you get the rope to the right length its pretty much in the middle of your chest. I do worry a little about sweat through the hole in the top but some kind of gromet/o-ring would stop most of that. And even without it for most of this summer I never had any condensation on the inside of the case. With this case and today's smaller players you can do almost anything and not really worry about your player. It can get to be some screwing around if you need to change anything on the player but it's a small price to pay.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I modded mine to get larger jacks inside.

I used a rat tail file to file a half moon section out. Then smoothed it out to get rid of the sharp edges. You have to be carefull when closing the lid but it's a smaller hole and makes it a little more waterproof.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice job there no9, professional as always!!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:08 AM

lol! i recognise that speaker! Altec lansing round jobby... it kicks ass! mine cost 15 bucks ...it rocks..cool to see someone else uses it too
have fun!

Tags
case, construction, d2, d2 case, protect, protection case, waterproof