android
Old 09-06-2008, 01:12 PM

Default Just bought a D2

So my D2 just came in! What should I do now? haha, any apps or extra stuff I should add to it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome to the family!!! Now, start w/an acct on iAudiophile.net: http://www.iaudiophile.net/index.php

Old 09-06-2008, 01:47 PM

Fill it up and enjoy the soothing sounds of goodness

Old 09-07-2008, 12:07 PM

I suggest looking at some themes or skins on iAudiophile. Once you have enjoyed the vanilla D2, anyway.

Flash skins are different from themes, personally I think themes are infinitely superior to flash skins but flash skins allow more flexibility. They just are less responsive, in my experience. iAudiophile has great descriptions of each

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 09-07-2008, 05:45 PM

Congrats ... now all you need to do is throw away the included buds and buy some good ones

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Congrats ... now all you need to do is throw away the included buds and buy some good ones
OOPS,........ yeah, get better IEM's or cans!!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:53 AM

Just curious, but I remember in an old forum there was a way to switch songs and possibly ffwd/rwd without having to use the touch screen all the time if I wanted to keep the thing in my pocket. Anyhow, I upgraded to the 3.57 firmware any ideas? I already put some themes too lol. Thanks! Also, I compared the D2 to my U2 and my U2 seems to be pushing out a lil more than the D2 like it's louder at the same settings...any idea why?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMyGeggo View Post
Just curious, but I remember in an old forum there was a way to switch songs and possibly ffwd/rwd without having to use the touch screen all the time if I wanted to keep the thing in my pocket. ......
With user programable buttons (settings), you have the ability to set the hold state so that you can track up and down and << and>> on both the I7 and the D2. This might be an easier way for you to manage from pocket.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:46 PM

True dat, I have mine setup that way and I rarely remove it. If you browse by folders instead of albums (assuming your albums are in separate folders) then the D2 will move onto the next folder or subfolder instead of looping the same album. Very useful if you are like me and enjoy (FTMP) listening to random music but always have to listen an entire album at a time.

And yes, definitely consider an upgrade on the phones-- I spent as much money on cans as I did on my 24gb D2 (8gb int. +16gb ex.)

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 09-09-2008, 01:16 AM

Does anyone know about embedding the album art into the mp3? I know you can do cover.jpg for it to show up on the D2. But I have the Colbie Caillat album and the album art shows up on my D2 without having to name the image file cover.jpg and none of the files are named the same as the jpg. So I was wondering how the jpg was showing up on the D2 without having to do that.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMyGeggo View Post
Does anyone know about embedding the album art into the mp3? I know you can do cover.jpg for it to show up on the D2. But I have the Colbie Caillat album and the album art shows up on my D2 without having to name the image file cover.jpg and none of the files are named the same as the jpg. So I was wondering how the jpg was showing up on the D2 without having to do that.
There are numerous programs that allow you to embed AA and other data into the mp3 file via the ID3 tags. For example mediamonkey, mp3tag, wmp, etc, etc, etc...

Old 09-09-2008, 01:14 PM

Cool, thanks for everything guys much appreciated. What themes/flash skins do you guys use anyway? I'm using the OLED 2 theme and Shine Skin, just curious what other people are using.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:25 PM

I'm Currently using media monkey and loving it. Haven't changed to korean firmware yet so not sure about any flash stuff.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:13 AM

Hmm, I tried embedding with winamp, but I can't see the pictures on the D2 and am forced to do the cover.jpg any idea why?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:02 AM

I had the same kind of problems with tagging and album art. I would put songs on the player that had correct tags on the computer but on the D2 they would be messed up. nywytboy68 gave me this link from dfkt for an SD card formatter

Discussion thread: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20157
Direct download link:
http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html
. After formatting most of my problems disappeared.

Last edited by no9; 09-10-2008 at 05:46 AM. Reason: redid link

Old 09-10-2008, 05:36 AM

link doesn't work, but I'm not using the SD card right now cause I'm using a 16gb D2...

Old 11-24-2008, 01:43 PM

mediamonkey supports the feature of "multiple genres" (like genre: rock; indie) ... so it lists the song under rock and indie (both)

can the d2 interpretate this?