Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Default Cowon S9 VS iRiver Spinn

BTW for the prices, apparently the Spinn is available for purchase (probably Europe) and is selling for 299 for 8 gig so the price point of 300 for 16 gig for the S9 makes a lot of sense, and it'll probably be higher! even though it SHOULDN't be. The Archos tablets are running high like 350euro for the archos 5 but the screen is bigger, the capacity is bigger, there are more features etc.

Anyways so these are 2 players I've had my eye on, I've been keeping a lookout for the spinn since it was announced in CES 2008. I put everything down on paper and so far looks like the S9 wins.

The S9 is actually slightly bigger (in every dimension) but let's not forget the curve adds some extra depth, still it looks sleeker than the spinn IMO

The only big difference (other than the UIs, one being ultra simple the other having full flash capabilities) is that the Spinn is haptic, which I was hoping for for the new Cowon players, while the Cowon has G-sensor which the iRiver does not.

Anyways that's about it, anybody else have thoughts of the 2 players? I'm sure you guys are all rooting for Cowon VS iRiver since this is the Cowon section..

Last edited by Jessipoo; 09-07-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]