android
Old 09-02-2008, 01:31 PM

Default Question: Silver color availability?

New to the MP3 world and not sure if this is the right section for this question or one of the Sony subforums, but here goes.

I recently bought my first MP3 player in the 8GB NWZ-A818 in silver color and I'm really happy with it.

The reasons I like my A818 is:

-Quality of the screen (great video and picture image).

-Size of player.

-Great sound quality and sound enhancement.

-Quality build of the player itself.

-Like the 8GB size, but would've liked 16GB or bigger in this model even more.

-It is SILVER in color.

I'm considering purchasing another Walkman, this one would be from the big screen series (2.4-inch screen) and for 16GB. However, I only see these offered in colors other than silver.

I've seen pictures of the NWZ-A820 2.4 inch big screen Walkman in SILVER color as shown on this site:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2008/02/sony-unveils-nwa820-with-bluetooth-and-video-recording.php

My question is: Is this or any of the big screen Walkmans available in silver color anywhere in the U.S.? If not, why not?

An important criteria for me choosing my next MP3 player will be the color of the player, and it will have to be silver. I'm part of the crowd that is tired of seeing the sea of MP3 players only available in the usual black or white colors (and the sometimes weird colors as red, pink, light blue, etc is even less appealing).

To me, silver color is a good looking color that looks sharp and smart. It is a big reason why I chose the A818 on the Sony Style website, which was an exclusive color available on their site. However, the silver line seems to be gone on their site now.

Hope someone can shed some light and information on this and maybe have some good news for me on the availability of a silver color big screen Sony Walkman now of in a 2009 release.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-02-2008, 10:17 PM

Default Answer

Sony do produce silver colour but it is only for 8gb model.
As for 16gb, only black colour are available at this moment.
Do check out the black colour model physically as you may like it compare to just browsing thru pics from the net.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:26 PM

Thanks ksh9394 for the information. I just might have to. I hear Sony usually release their new models in the middle of every year so I'll wait and see if Sony will finally answer the silver color crowd in 2009. If not then I'll make my ultimate decision then.