android
Old 08-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Lightbulb Zune 16 and 120 on Engadget!!!

I hate those hack!!!! Here's the link: http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/30/z...d-in-the-wild/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Very nice photoshop job

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

those players are coming alright, so its not a fake... also not interesting as the zune is crap, but hey

Old 08-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard View Post
those players are coming alright, so its not a fake... also not interesting as the zune is crap, but hey
You must have missed the --->

Old 08-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
zune is crap?

Old 08-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
zune is crap?
sumx4182, I wouldn’t say that, but I do know that if they don’t offer MSC or flexibility to use any software that you want to use, I’ll never go there without rockbox.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I still like the Zune, and if the 120 comes to market then SCREW cowon. Sony still has a shot, but they're slowly diggin' a grave too!!!! Samsung - no P3, no CASH!!!!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:08 PM

If those come, Microsoft will slowly take down the horrible iPod.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
sumx4182, I wouldn’t say that, but I do know that if they don’t offer MSC or flexibility to use any software that you want to use, I’ll never go there without rockbox.
i agree i'd like to use other software, or even good ole WMP...but to say the player is crap...alil much IMHO

Old 08-31-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
I still like the Zune, and if the 120 comes to market then SCREW cowon. Sony still has a shot, but they're slowly diggin' a grave too!!!! Samsung - no P3, no CASH!!!!
Whats wrong with sony? The way I see it they aren't touching much of what thewy have that works, basic form factor, UI, SQ and such, and improving on storage capacity, design and battery life. I'd say thats a bit smarter than other manufacturers that start from scratch with new UIs and new sets of bugs every time they release a player. Im also glad theres one brand left that hasnt gone touch screen, wifi or other useless crap. The reason i use my s710 and ahvent upgraded is that there is no need to upgrade, the new players give new users a set of features without leaving the old users behind.

As for the zune, well, IMO its just another ipod... until they stop using that proprietary software we might as well make the site anythingbutipodandzune

Old 08-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

the software isn't great, we know...but the zune still KILLS the ipod classic in practically every other area...we can't look past the one true downfall?

Old 08-31-2008, 12:53 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

I also agree the more the Zune evolves, the closer it is becoming another iPod (With more features) I also think if Microsoft continues to market it correctly it can eventually supercead the iPod in sales. Microsoft has the deep pockets to do this correctly.

P.S. I totally disagree that the Zune is crap, while I also don't think the iPod is crap.
Now if we were talking about Memorex or Coby players, I would be the first person in line to say how crappy they are.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Whats wrong with sony?
Stop removing features on supposed upgrades and up the capacity a slight bit. You may not use a radio, I do. You may not want higher capacity, I do. I understand finding a formula and using it BUT every player is almost a clone of the last. I'm hoping for a larger screen and greater capacity player. Without it IMO sony is killing a great re-emergence of the Walkman.
As for the Zune - yeah, you do have a point comparing it to the ipod. But then maybe sony, or another comp for that matter, should be able to properly organize podcasts and such in the right manner. VIDEO podcasts I'm referring to. As for killing the itunes software - not really. Zune software is SLOWLY catching up but it has a way to go. And being able to choose my own OR Drag&Drop should be the norm - not a HACK!!!! Still, I'm leaning towards the Zune cause, regardless of it's faults, what it does it does WELL!!!! And my love of VIDEO podcasts is a major deciding factor.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
Stop removing features on supposed upgrades and up the capacity a slight bit. You may not use a radio, I do. You may not want higher capacity, I do. I understand finding a formula and using it BUT every player is almost a clone of the last. I'm hoping for a larger screen and greater capacity player. Without it IMO sony is killing a great re-emergence of the Walkman.
As for the Zune - yeah, you do have a point comparing it to the ipod. But then maybe sony, or another comp for that matter, should be able to properly organize podcasts and such in the right manner. VIDEO podcasts I'm referring to. As for killing the itunes software - not really. Zune software is SLOWLY catching up but it has a way to go. And being able to choose my own OR Drag&Drop should be the norm - not a HACK!!!! Still, I'm leaning towards the Zune cause, regardless of it's faults, what it does it does WELL!!!! And my love of VIDEO podcasts is a major deciding factor.

There is no gen 4 A8xx yet, im betting those will go up to 32GB. As for podcasts, thats an annoyance for me too but sandisk is really the only ones doing audio podcasts right and as for video podcast the sonys doesnt even support all of them since it only does up to 320x240. Video sorting is definitely somethign that needs adressing on sony players but i doubt youll see a seperate podcast section on it. If you really do use podcasts a lot you should look into the nokia N series, there youll be rid of computer conneciton alltogether as they can downlaod via wifi.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
i agree i'd like to use other software, or even good ole WMP...but to say the player is crap...alil much IMHO
You are absolutely right … but if you read back at my post #6 I say “sumx4182, I wouldn’t say that …” In fact if you read my other posts #2 & #4 , I didn’t say that either

Old 08-31-2008, 07:50 AM

The player is dependent on the software. If you dont use the software, the player wont work. Hence the player is useless and crap in my eyes. It doesnt help how good the player could be if it wasnt for the software, thats now how things work in my world, i dont buy players based on "what if". The market is filled with DAPs, most of which the Zune isnt technically suprior to anyways, so when you add the software part its not even an option for a lot of people, me included. Feel free to disagree, but you won't change my min d no matter how much you jump up and down screaming its a good player

Old 08-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
The player is dependent on the software. If you dont use the software, the player wont work. Hence the player is useless and crap in my eyes. It doesnt help how good the player could be if it wasnt for the software, thats now how things work in my world, i dont buy players based on "what if". The market is filled with DAPs, most of which the Zune isnt technically suprior to anyways, so when you add the software part its not even an option for a lot of people, me included. Feel free to disagree, but you won't change my min d no matter how much you jump up and down screaming its a good player
you give up on a player cause you won't bother to use the software for a whole 2 minutes? that's essentially all you need to do. Pick your media folder and then sync. That's it. If that's too much for you, then i dunno what else to tell ya...more Zunes for the rest of us!

Old 08-31-2008, 11:38 AM

Thats your choice and youre free to buy as many zunes as you want. At least now youll have more capacities to choose from.

Last edited by Andreas; 08-31-2008 at 11:45 AM.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Don't know why the Zune is not MSC compatible. Heck, even the iPod can function as an external hard disk when configured to do so (But no true MSC). I guess this is not on Microsoft's agenda.

I also want to add that MSC mode is also not important to a lot of DAP owner's also. All they want is a player that can sync accordingly, without having to manually drag and drop. As for me, I auto sync my ipod with iTunes. However, with my Clip and iRIver H320, drag and drop serves up well.

Last edited by musichound; 08-31-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm still considering the 120 as my next DAP - FTW!!!!!!!!!