android
Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 PM

Unhappy Broke Screen?

I'm still in high school so I don't have a lot of money so this is kind of a big deal. My P2 is about 1 month old and never been abused at all.It has a screen protector on it and it is in a case. I have never dropped it and only put it in my pocket when I am driving and even then not in the same pocket as anything else. One day I took my P2 out and it looked like it wouldn't turn on. When I got home and plugged it in, my computer recognized it and i could transfer files. I unplugged it and the screen still doesn't light up, but you can play music on it. The touch screen does not light up at all, but the touch screen still works and I can still control my player with the controls I remember but the screen is entirely blank. I don't think it is just the back light because there isn't even a shadow of the screen in any light at any angle. When you press on the touch screen down hard, you can see what looks like a faint crack line on the screen (not the plastic cover but underneath it). I'm pretty sure the screen is cracked but I have no idea how to get it fixed. I bought it refurbished from a store that no longer replies to my emails. Should I try Samsung to see if their warranty would cover it and if not if it is possible to fix it? I don't want to trash my player after a month of use especially when I spent a lot of money on it and will pay to have it fixed as long as the price is reasonable. Does anyone know if they would replace or repair a player even with physical damage? Thanks...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]