I've been having problems with getting my computer to recognize my Insignia Sport mp3 player. When I plug in the usb cord, my computer seems to try to recognize my mp3 player as an eHome infrared device. In addtion to this under the usb section of device manager it says unknown device when I have it connected. Here is what I've tried so far:
- Installing the software found on the cd that came with the mp3 player
- Uninstalling the eHome infared device entry (which is flagged with a question mark) and then plugging in the usb cord again.
- Changing the usb type from automatic to files and folders and then automatic again.
- Searched for compatible drivers for XP SP3
- Installed a driver from microsoft for either MPT or MSC compatible devices.
I know that my mp3 player can be recognized by Vista, but I'm having trouble getting it to be recognized by XP SP3. All I can do is recharge it and thats about it. Any suggestions or ideas?