android
Old 10-19-2006, 11:44 AM

Default Volume problem With Custom eq

When I turn my volume up from 30-40, it doesnt seem to increase but when i use SRS, and i turned it up from 30, it gets louder!, anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-19-2006, 08:02 PM

If its a player problem I don't reallly know but it might be your headphones limits if you just using some cheapo ones. Just a guess on my part.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:49 PM

Nope, mine does the samething ....i need that extra volume...wtf is going on. I have to tun up volume when i play music, then when i go to FM radio, i have to quickly turn it down, or my ears will be blown out of my head. I wish my MP3 could sound as loud as the FM radio.

I wrote a email to iRiver, its got to be some kind of bug i think. Not even using any EQ presets (Normal) cause it seems to get the loudest with the volume on 40. With SRS WOW on, it just doesnt get as loud, id say about 25% softer at full volume compared to the normal setting. However, with normal, there is little to no deep bass at all. hmmmm....

It seesm like their 5 band EQ is not doing what it supposed to. It just sounds like its getting louder...when you move up 14k on the EQ, does NOT sound like its getting more treble, just sounds like its getting louder.

Also, i belive there is some kind of volume limiter in this device. Which probaly explains why the volume cuts off at a certain setting. Who knows, ill post what iRiver says if they get back to me. If I dont hear from them by the end of class today, ill call the 800 number and ask for myself. Hopefully its just a bug and iRiver's next firmware update will correct it.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:47 PM

BTW, you should check out http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?t=49066

I used you post in there to show people im not the only one having this issue. This is not a iRiver (the company) forum, but just a non official forum.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:41 AM

Trying to keep that post alive on MR....im hoping irivier gives alittle more volume to the clix. Im still having issues with the custom EQ and music.