android
Old 03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
By the way, all my album art is stored as "folder.jpg" in the album folder, none of my album art is stored in the tag (I find this practice to be a waste of space).
Are you sure you have the Zen X-Fi? This is how it is done on players like the ZVM, but the Zen X-Fi, the album art should be database generated ALB files based on the album photo embedded in the ID3 tag. There shouldn't be an Album folder. The ALB files should be stored in the Music folder along with the music files.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Are you sure you have the Zen X-Fi? This is how it is done on players like the ZVM, but the Zen X-Fi, the album art should be database generated ALB files based on the album photo embedded in the ID3 tag. There shouldn't be an Album folder. The ALB files should be stored in the Music folder along with the music files.

Yes of course I'm sure.

When I said this...
Quote:
By the way, all my album art is stored as "folder.jpg" in the album folder, none of my album art is stored in the tag...
I was talking about the album art stored on my computer not the player.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I was talking about the album art stored on my computer not the player.
Oooooh, I see, said the blind man.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-06-2009, 07:49 PM

I don't seem to have Creative Centrale on my laptop My X-Fi was a refurb (I think) and didn't come with the installation CD Is there anywhere I can download it?

Old 06-06-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny View Post
I don't seem to have Creative Centrale on my laptop My X-Fi was a refurb (I think) and didn't come with the installation CD Is there anywhere I can download it?
Just a thought but isn't it available as a download from Creative web site ?

Old 11-01-2009, 11:39 PM

I have had my Zen for nearly a year and have one issue that I can't solve on my own. I have a few cases of an album name being shared for different artists, and in every case, the Zen only uses the artwork from one of them for all. My tracks are tagged with the correct artwork, and when I look into the Music folder on the Zen, I see the .alb files have been generated correctly in each album's folder where they belong, for each occurrence of the album name. I have tried syncing using WMP and now Media Monkey, but there is no change. In the case of each name, only one cover shows for all cases (and in one instance, it shows no cover at all, even though 2 of the 3 albums with that name have art in the tags). If anyone has had good results using either program to get the correct artwork to display when an album title is shared (eg "Gold" or "Anthology"), please share your settings.
Thanks for your help.

-Imp
(If this is still unclear, I can describe the result in detail.)

Old 11-04-2009, 05:50 AM

When you sync music to the player one Version of Album art is copied and associated with that Album name. If you have two Albums with the same name (Greatest Hits is a Favorite) only one Album art will be used. The way around this is to rename the Album's i.e. Greatest Hits (Artist Name) then with a unique Album name you will have unique Album Art

Old 11-17-2010, 12:13 PM

Read through some of the answers here, but still don't understand what I should do.

I have a zen x-fi style, I hate the Centrale software, it keep s crashing because I have so much music, so I'm using WMP to sync music. On my old Zen , all my album art appears. On my new x-fi style, most of it doesn't appear (even though it's all the same music that's on my Zen ) in the few albums that do have art, the picture is blurry.

Help?

Old 07-11-2011, 07:57 AM

I don't use central, just explorer. I use Mp3tag and http://albumart.org/

Set the directory then highlight the tracks you want. Right click on add cover and add image...mine are 300x300 pixels jpg and work great.