android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2008, 07:28 PM

Default Zen not detected by computer, no MTP in device manager

I'm truly sorry if I'm double posting when others may have already had the same problem, and if if I have feel free to link me to the appropriate thread or combine it into another thread.

I'm just down right frustrated, like so many Creative buyers. So far this is what I have done:

Charged the Zen fully
Installed the software/driver from the CD
Connected the Zen upon prompting from the software (said it was successfully installed)
Restarted the computer
Tried to connect the Zen again: neither Zen Media Explorer nor my computer detects this irritating piece of hardware

I thought maybe I had gotten my hands on a European version? But the version did not have the "e" after the number. In case it is needed, my version is 1.21.01.

I think the root of my problem may be the MTP drive not installing? I'm not a computer whiz, so bear with me. I checked my device manager and I do not have a category for "Portable Devices" (or anything similar), let alone a place where "MTP" shows up. Did I do something wrong when installing? I even reinstalled the Zen driver to make sure something didn't glitch. Also, I am completely against Windows Media players, so please, is there any solution that does not involve any other software than that which comes with the installation CD?

Thank you so much for any help, I'll try very hard not to break or smash the thing while waiting for a reply. Tempting though...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]