android
Old 08-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Zen Programmer

Page Portable Device Info Tool

Hello Everyone, my name is Eddie and I am a regular in theese forums, specifically the Creative forums. I am currently writing a piece of software to manage portable devices and their content. Some of you who know me and my work may already be familiar with "Absolutely Zen". As part of a test I am conducting for connectivity of devices I have written an application which finds connected devices and displays information about them as well as information for software developers, such as supported content types, supported formats, supported events, and supported commands. Also, through resding thesse forums, I have noticed ALOT of people who have problems with Windows XP and their devices not being recognized, well, in my application I have included a tool which will kick start your device so it works, even if you can't seem to get it to work.

The software is free , Free, FREE! (See screen shots and Setup file attached below.)

Only one thing I ask is this: if you can not get the application to detect your device EVEN AFTER trying the fixes described in my application, I request that you post YOUR PLAYER MANUFACTURER & MODEL and YOUR OPERATING SYTEM VERSION.

This application will work on WinXP (32 Bit and 64 Bit) and Vista.
You can have more than one device connected and it will find them all. It also supports portable devices with MicroSD or other memory cards.

On some devices (such as some Nokia cell phones) the battery may show up as being 0% charged (even if it is fully charged.) This IS NOT a bug. It is because the device does not support the particular feature.

Have fun and enjoy!

Eddie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen_Shot_1.jpg (94.6 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Screen_Shot_2.jpg (105.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Screen_Shot_3.jpg (89.4 KB, 63 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Portable Device Info Tool Setup.zip (331.2 KB, 169 views)

http://cebemax.com/english/register.html

Last edited by eddie74; 08-23-2008 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Added screen shots of application.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 PM
General Audio Moderator

very nice app, I see you are using visual studio to make it thus it should work in vista 64 bit as well, but i will try it out in a bit. It is currently working on my 32bit vista laptop. I have not had to many issues with vista compatibility on visual studio projects.Can I give some thoughts for the interface ?

BTW this is differently worth a download for anyone looking at this page running windows and using an mtp device.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 PM

Very cool, nice work! We need more people willing to make freeware like this for the public. (MSC ftw!)

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome again. True story. -Barney Stinson

Old 08-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Zune Moderator

Works with my zune 30, Great job!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:35 PM
General Audio Moderator

also if you don't mind sharing, what com library did you use to pull mtp data info? I ask because I am very interested in using the battery level in a custom app.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:11 PM

Default Tool installation error

Eddie,

Tried to install the tool today, got an error (pls see jpg). System is WXP SP3.

All best,

ClbGld
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Portable DIT error1.jpg (164.6 KB, 26 views)

Tags
device information, mtp, portable device, software