android
Old 08-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Angry Pissed off at my P2

Im so pissed off at my P2 im considering switching to an iTouch. Anyone have any suggestions on why I shouldn't do it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 PM

uh... what's the problem you are having?

Old 08-19-2008, 08:13 PM

yeah maybe if u told us y ur pissed at it this would make sense

Old 08-19-2008, 08:18 PM

Wow. May I congratulate you on how descriptive this is... Amazing.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

your lack of any form of description amuses me...but you want reason??
heres the best reason:
itouch = apple
apple = itunes
itunes = selling your soul to the devil
dont do it.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:10 PM

I'm pissed off at my Itouch. I'm considering getting a Samsung P2. Should I do it?

SDK!!!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:33 PM

Your pissed of because... why even bother posting something like this.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
your lack of any form of description amuses me...but you want reason??
heres the best reason:
itouch = apple
apple = itunes
itunes = selling your soul to the devil
dont do it.
You guys are fanatical and this reply is one example of your fanaticism. YOUR lack of description why Apple and iTunes is evil is severely lacking.

I have a P2 and I'm pissed off at it! Battery life has never been greater than 6 hours. The software for loading the music sucks. Making playlists that stay in order is impossible. It is simply an mp3 player that is trying and failing to copy the Touch. The calendar is useless unless you like to fumble through a convoluted scheme to look at a date. I can do the math in my head faster than that. Subway routes of New York, Chicago, Toronto, etc... I find useless. Creating playlists on the fly is cumbersome. The only valuable apps are the games, but I didn't buy an mp3 player to play games. I'm failing to see what the big hype is about this thing. At least with iPod products they give you software that seamlessly interfaces with the mp3 player. I haven't had an iPod since the iPod mini. I probably wouldn't hesitate to buy another except I like to go wireless and that is where this mediocre player has the advantage.

These forums by the way are filled with posts that don't get to the root of the problem. People come here for help and what they get is answers like SMS and Emodio don't work, don't use them. Or the valuable insight quoted above by someone who has no idea what they're talking about when it come to iTunes. At least with the iPod forums there are people who truly know what they're talking about. At least that used to be the way it was here at ABI but not anymore.

When Apple comes out with a bluetooth iTouch, you can bet I'll buy it. iPods are far superior to any other wannabe player on the market.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

But bigjeff913 has yet to discuss what his problems are. If and when he does, there would be a better chance of getting his problem(s) resolved.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:43 AM

Hmm when you all have problems with Emodio or SMS or anything when you want to load the player with music, than why dont you just use MediaMonkey? With that you can load the P2 (and if you have a ipod too) with music you want. Just plug the player into your pc and MediaMonky can load music on it what ever you want. www dot mediamonkey dot com
And when you create playlists with mediamonkey they still stay in order. As long as you dont play random order.

the only thing is use Emodio for is to get other DNSe or GUI themes on my P2.

And on the other way, when you dont want to use these subway maps, because you dont live in these citys or you dant want to use any other programs on the P2 than i have a little help for you. JUST DONT USE THEM.
It is a MP3 and Video Player everything else are gadgets.

Your problem with batterylife at the P2 is bad thats right, but there must be a reason why it is so short.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:27 PM

Maybe he uses the P2 for video?

I dont say itunes is bad, i mean, it works good, because so many people uses it and find it easy. The thing that hijacks all your music and make a copy of the music again on the same hard drive is something that I dont need or want.

The itouch is good looking i admit that, the menus are smooth and feels fast. The thing is, and i think is important to all people who buy a gadget like this, its the sound quality. The sound quality of the itouch doesnt reach the quality of a P2.

So for the OP, if you want good sound quality, i think you should keep your P2 and find a workaround for your 'problems' if you want an itouch, you should buy it, anything we says would not change your mind if you already decided to buy it. The thing is in a P2 only forum, you only can find answers in pro of P2. the same goes with an Itouch, go to a itouch forum and the people from there will tell you to buy it.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopooplatter View Post
You guys are fanatical and this reply is one example of your fanaticism. YOUR lack of description why Apple and iTunes is evil is severely lacking.

I have a P2 and I'm pissed off at it! Battery life has never been greater than 6 hours. The software for loading the music sucks. Making playlists that stay in order is impossible. It is simply an mp3 player that is trying and failing to copy the Touch. The calendar is useless unless you like to fumble through a convoluted scheme to look at a date. I can do the math in my head faster than that. Subway routes of New York, Chicago, Toronto, etc... I find useless. Creating playlists on the fly is cumbersome. The only valuable apps are the games, but I didn't buy an mp3 player to play games. I'm failing to see what the big hype is about this thing. At least with iPod products they give you software that seamlessly interfaces with the mp3 player. I haven't had an iPod since the iPod mini. I probably wouldn't hesitate to buy another except I like to go wireless and that is where this mediocre player has the advantage.

These forums by the way are filled with posts that don't get to the root of the problem. People come here for help and what they get is answers like SMS and Emodio don't work, don't use them. Or the valuable insight quoted above by someone who has no idea what they're talking about when it come to iTunes. At least with the iPod forums there are people who truly know what they're talking about. At least that used to be the way it was here at ABI but not anymore.

When Apple comes out with a bluetooth iTouch, you can bet I'll buy it. iPods are far superior to any other wannabe player on the market.
Wanna be... Apple didn't make the touchscreen FYI! Your one of those idiots who will go and look at anything with a touch screen and be like "wannabe IPOD!1111" and people still give loads of help and don't just say don't use sms/emodio even if they did they give links to better things to use.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopooplatter View Post

lol calm down buddy, i was just joking...
i didnt know what else to say cz the op hasnt yet told us the problem...but i had to say something...cuz im just like that=P

Old 08-20-2008, 11:22 PM

why does this thread still exist?

SDK!!!!!

Old 08-20-2008, 11:41 PM

i love my p2... would definitely take it over an ipod

Old 08-21-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestofWest View Post
Wanna be... Apple didn't make the touchscreen FYI! Your one of those idiots who will go and look at anything with a touch screen and be like "wannabe IPOD!1111" and people still give loads of help and don't just say don't use sms/emodio even if they did they give links to better things to use.

Your calling me an idiot. That's rich. I never said they were the originators of such technology. Don't try to put words in peoples mouths. I own a P2 and speak from experience. I had 3 mp3 players before I got my iPod mini as a birthday present and guess what... they were not iPods. In fact, I had my choice between the Touch and the P2 or any other player out there for that matter. Which one did I choose? The P2 is ok. Except for the games and mp3 player, everything else is pretty useless including the music management that is designed for the thing. Even the video is just ok. This is just an example of an experiment I regret and given the chance would do differently next time.

But it is pretty funny the way the iPod is bashed around here just because of the root for the underdog mentality in much the same way people bash Microsoft for their success and market share.

Take care,

Marty

Old 08-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

I nominate this thread to be closed. Being there is banter going on and the OP never stated what his/her problem is, IMO there is no need to continue conversation.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 PM

Default Sorry

Sorry everyone for my lack of description and for letting this thread get out of hand, my main problem with my p2 is the video, converting video to be specific, emodio is terrible and the only converter i found with a p2 extension (mediacoder) gives blurry video, at least with the itouch u can log on to youtube and watch videos, and its the most well known mp3 player so most video encoders have extensions for it

Last edited by bigjeff913; 08-21-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

thats weird, because i also use mediacoder, and for me it works great...
can you describe exactly what you are doing to prduce the blurry videos?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:58 PM

All I did was add the videos from a video rss feed and hit convert and the video's came out unbeleivably blurry and the sound seemed do be a little bit off. Right now I'm testing out another encoder i found thats made specifically for samsung media devices, not sure if its goin to work yet but heres the link:
http://svicoder.sourceforge.net/

EDIT:
The encoder from the link above works great. Once again sorry for being so non-descriptive and for causing a hectic thread. But I still have a problem with the fact that samsung isn't making anymore bluewaves. There is so much more potential in this device and samsung should really bring it to its full abilities.

Last edited by bigjeff913; 08-21-2008 at 11:10 PM.