android
Old 08-15-2008, 08:46 PM

Default e250R not connecting to PC other than charge...

I installed the latest official RockBox to my e250R a week or two ago. I ran through the procedure to put RockBox onto a R player. All was great until the other day at the gym, it seemed like it didn't want to skip to the next track, was unresponsive to turn off at first... it wasn't acting right.

I didn't think much of it, but now when trying to connect it to my PC I have my music library on... it will not connect. Maybe the quirkiness at the gym was related, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm thinking it booted Sansa firmware when I connected it to the PC before, but it goes right into Rockbox now. I held the left key to get the Sansa firmware to boot and it loads the Sansa, but does not connect to the PC. It only charges. Can someone walk me through or point me to what I need to do? TIA

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-15-2008, 09:07 PM

Well I fixed it sort of... I guess, not sure. Glad it is though.

I ran through the recovery mode by sliding the hold button on and holding the record button while I powered it on. It went through some handshaking and ended at a "Key Locked" screen printout. I powered it down, unlocked the hold button and turned it back on. Business as usual now or as it should. Booted the OF and connected to my PC.

My player is always jammed full of music since 2GB is hardly nothing and I don't have a card. I deleted some files in Rockbox, but that didn't help in this fix. Are there instances where having the player jammed full causes some instability, boot issues, etc.?

Old 11-17-2008, 02:51 PM

Back to this again... will not connect via USB. It is doing the same thing all over again. I can hold the left key and it goes in to the Sansa firmware, but only charges. Tried the recovery mode and it gives me the Welcome to Recovery Mode message and says "Please connect USB cable". I connect it and nothing happens this time around... uhhh is the Linux recovery method the next logical thing to do or is there something else I can try?