android
Old 08-14-2008, 04:49 PM

Default Firmware update?

Hi, I just received my P2 today and I already read all the information in this forum about the firmwares update, but I just dont know which one to use!!! Anybody please can help me?? what is the first thing to do when you get a new samsung P2???
Thanks to all!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 PM

Hi cammel,

You can check your firmware version in the Settings>System>About area of your P2's menu. If you do not have the latest version (5.08), the easiest way to update would be to download the Emodio software.. install it.. then you can update your P2's firmware via the Emodio menu tab for doing such..

Although you can manually update your players firmware via a download of the 5.08 firmware from the appropriate country's Samsung page... example if you are in the US... go to this page for the update for your player... http://www.samsung.com/my/support/do...ia_cd=03040200

Old 08-14-2008, 05:37 PM

thanks for your fast answer!!!!! I dont understand if emodio its a p2 player´s software or a pc software... (sorry about my english but Im from Argentina..) Is there any risk of updating the software via emodio??
Thanks in advance for your patience!!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

emodio is a pc software, i would suggest NOT using it, because alot of people have said that it is really buggy and unstable.
so i would suggest updating manually using the link Utew gave, and dragging the extracted files into the root of your P2

Old 08-14-2008, 11:46 PM

Actually there is a new update to Emodio.. and it seems to be pretty stable, I've been testing it today... new languages and voices available for TTS too.. all working fine from what I see.

I would again have to say that for someone new, Emodio is the easiest answer..

@cammel,
Emodio software can be found here... http://www.emodio.com/support/emodio...o_download.jsp

Last edited by Utew; 08-14-2008 at 11:53 PM.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:36 PM

ok, thanks!!!! Will try it and let you know how it goes....
Thank you so much!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 07:02 PM

Can you delete the YPP2.rom and YPP2.RSC files after the upgrade?

Last edited by Detroit; 08-25-2008 at 07:48 PM.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:17 PM

They delete themselves automatically so you don't have to worry

Old 08-28-2008, 08:20 PM

I have tried this and when it started up again it said update ressource file and then stops working I have already returned one for this problem and samsung tells me that I shouldnt update it. is there a way I can get my p2 to it's original 1.30 us version?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
emodio is a pc software, i would suggest NOT using it, because alot of people have said that it is really buggy and unstable.
so i would suggest updating manually using the link Utew gave, and dragging the extracted files into the root of your P2
im runnin windows vista an i just downloaded emodio. i cant automatically dl the latest firmware cuz emodio (seems) to freeze when it comes to product registration. it will recognize my p2, but when it asks for the color, the options will not show up.
i tried installing the firmware manually, but windows wont let me dragg and drop (or copy and paste) the files to the root directory. im so puzzled....i dont know what else to do......

Old 09-03-2008, 01:24 AM

dhy 9904, If you can try updating your P2 firmware files (via copy and paste) on a different PC, try that. At the moment, it's the best suggestion I've got for you.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:14 PM

i finally got it updated...thanks for the tip

Old 09-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi615 View Post
I have tried this and when it started up again it said update ressource file and then stops working I have already returned one for this problem and samsung tells me that I shouldnt update it. is there a way I can get my p2 to it's original 1.30 us version?
what do you mean by stop working? does it still turn back on? or does it say updating everytime you turn it on? or it just wont turn on? can it still be recognized by your computer?

and whoever told you that you shouldnt update it is bs. Why would samsung release a firmware update, if its not meant for the public to use?

if you dont wanna use it yourself, then its a whole different matter. In which you can do the same thing tat you did to upgrade, except with a lower firmware (putting the file in the root, turn on and off and on and off and on and off)

Old 09-05-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utew View Post
Actually there is a new update to Emodio.. and it seems to be pretty stable, I've been testing it today... new languages and voices available for TTS too.. all working fine from what I see.

I would again have to say that for someone new, Emodio is the easiest answer..

@cammel,
Emodio software can be found here... http://www.emodio.com/support/emodio...o_download.jsp
me too, I was about to say the latest has actually become stable, btw cammel, you should always have the latest firmware for any device possible, unless it causes you problems, but you shouldnt have to go too low, and I believe this was actually posted in the wrong place, it should actually be in Bluewave forum, oh, y hablas espanol?

Old 09-16-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchulo View Post
me too, I was about to say the latest has actually become stable, btw cammel, you should always have the latest firmware for any device possible, unless it causes you problems, but you shouldnt have to go too low, and I believe this was actually posted in the wrong place, it should actually be in Bluewave forum, oh, y hablas espanol?
hola youngchulo, si hablo español, vos tambien??? de donde sos?

Hi and thank you all for helping me updating my new p2 firmware!!! Thanks to you all I could update my new P2 with emodio software and everything goes just perfect!!!...BUT now I have one big problem...Playing around with the P2, I made a format and I lost everything in it (I dont care about the music because I have a back up) but the problem is that all the games, uci, photos and videos that came with the new 5.08 US firmware I lost it, and when I try to make a new firmware update with emodio to reinstall it (like you can do with some Nokia phones throw nokia software update for example) it saids that there is no firmware updates, so my question is: can I reinstall the same firmware that I actually have on my P2 without breaking it to recover all the original stuff?? and another question that I have is why when I transfer an *.ogg file to the player it cant recognize it??
Thank you all in advance for your very usefull help and sorry about my english... Im doing my best...

Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 PM

any help please??? anyone???

Old 09-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Samsung Moderator

Yes, you should be able to throw the firmware on. I doubt you will get any videos or games back, you should go to the downloads thread and redownload them there.

Also, your player will read .ogg files, you just have to select them manually from the music browser, not the main music screen. It is a selection at the bottom of the bottom of the music screen, or you can use the file browser to select the song manually. They play, they just do not appear in the library.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Yes, you should be able to throw the firmware on. I doubt you will get any videos or games back, you should go to the downloads thread and redownload them there.

Also, your player will read .ogg files, you just have to select them manually from the music browser, not the main music screen. It is a selection at the bottom of the bottom of the music screen, or you can use the file browser to select the song manually. They play, they just do not appear in the library.
Thanks for your fast response!!!! ok, so samsung P2 can read .ogg files, but I cannot have artist name, or album art and nothing (id3tag)....is that right??
I have one more question...my firmware version is US (MTP) 5.10, how can I create playlists on my pc and transfer them to the P2? and what about the mydnse from emodio?? I select one dnse from the emodio webpage (throw emodio software), and I transfer it to my P2, but when I try to select it (on the P2) I just cant...do you have any ideas why? (sorry about my english one more time...)
Thanks in advance!!! Sebas.