android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2008, 04:00 PM

Default how to transfer your entire phonebook to p2 via BT

I used a Verizon Samsung Phone...I don't know if this works on other phones, but I found a way to transfer your phonebook/contacts to the P2 with bluetooth and be able use them as functioning contacts through your P2 so now you can call people from your P2 without having to remember the phone number specifically.
BEFORE YOU START MAKE SURE YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR PHONE AND P2 SET UP WITH EACH OTHER FOR THE MOBILE PHONE FUNCTION. YOU SHOULD ALSO UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE TO 5.08

1. Go to CONTACT LIST

2. Highlight and select any contact (it really doesn't matter yet) and view their info.

3. Click the Options button (probably your top-right key), then click Send Name Card (you should have that option if you have a bluetooth phone.

4. It should have a few options of how to SEND NAME CARD. Choose Bluetooth.
5. Your contacts should pop up. Highlight the ones you want to go to your P2 or click MarkAll (top right button probably again)

6. Click Done (probably top left)

7. Your Devices list should come up. Choose your P2 (should already be set up.) When it asks to connect, click Yes.

8. Make sure your P2's bluetooth is set to on. Your P2 will ask you to connect. Click Yes.

9. It will start transferring your contacts one after another. (they should be .vcf files) After each finishes, click Yes to connect again for the next one (on your P2) and keep clicking Yes until the contacts finish.

10. Once the bluetooth transfer is complete, go to the main menu on your P2, and connect to your phone via the Mobile Phone feature, and go to Prime Pack. (you don't need your phone anymore; set it aside) Then choose Phonebook, and your contacts should appear there. When you choose one, it should have a call option at the bottom right. Click it and it will call that contact.

I find this to make calling from the P2 much easier, and more preferred over calling from my phone, because talking on the sexy P2 will look so much cooler ;D.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]