android
Old 08-07-2008, 02:03 PM

Default uninstalling rockbox

i'm trying to uninstall rockbox because i just want my mp3 player back to normal.
i deleted the rockbox folder and formatted my mp3.
its not working.
whenever my mp3 tries to turn on it goes to a black screen and the bottom line says "file not found" and it won't turn on.
any help?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You just need to reinstall the Sansa firmware via recovery mode since you uninstalled it the wrong way. The Rockbox Bootloader is still installed.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
You just need to reinstall the Sansa firmware via recovery mode since you uninstalled it the wrong way. The Rockbox Bootloader is still installed.
Has anyone tried uninstalling it this way? I want to give my Sansa to someone so I need to uninstall it. Does this method work? Has anyone tried it?

Old 09-13-2008, 01:14 PM

Yah it works the way you should have uninstalled it is just putting a original sansa firmware file onto the root of the Sansa and naming it PP5022.mi4 restarting into the OF and it should update but u can easily fix it through recovery mode its almost just as easy

Old 09-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, recovery mode should work. I have used it lots of times.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 PM

I just removed rockbox from my e260r and I was amazed that I didn't 'brick' it considering how simple it was. I booted into recovery mode (rec button....) I then copied the original mi4 file to the recovery partition. I also copied a file called sansa.fmt to the same place and when I shut down it reformatted the memory and booted into the original sansa system with all traces of Rockbox gone. I am now re-loading the music files....... It sure was easier than I thought.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
I just removed rockbox from my e260r and I was amazed that I didn't 'brick' it considering how simple it was. I booted into recovery mode (rec button....) I then copied the original mi4 file to the recovery partition. I also copied a file called sansa.fmt to the same place and when I shut down it reformatted the memory and booted into the original sansa system with all traces of Rockbox gone. I am now re-loading the music files....... It sure was easier than I thought.
Better yet, you could follow the directions in the manual, which do not involve formatting your mp3 player, and thus keep all your music in place. They're also much quicker and much less risky then recovery mode.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:33 PM

You're right, but I have so many instructions about removing it that I got somewhat confused. I decided that I could replace the music in less time than I could figure all of that out..... I am somewhat new to the Sansa - only had it for four days now.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You're right, but I have so many instructions about removing it that I got somewhat confused.
The only instructions you should read are the ones in the manual, and they're quite short (2 sentences for the automatic method).

Quote:
I decided that I could replace the music in less time than I could figure all of that out..... I am somewhat new to the Sansa - only had it for four days now.
Thinking like this is a great way to brick your player. If you understand how everything works, then you can invent your own methods. If you do not, then you really should follow the directions.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
(2 sentences for the automatic method).
...which does not work for the e200r.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
...which does not work for the e200r.
I know thats true for the install, but isn't the uninstall the same on both devices?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:51 PM

The unstall did not work for me. The install did not either. I installed using the manual method, and when I tried to uninstall, the auto didn't work and I got a little mixed up with the instructions....... considering that I thought I had if figured out, but then the 'R' version was not the same.
I understand that I shouldn't experiment according to you, but I have been working with computer systems (including microprocessor programming) in electronics studies. I understood that the protected area of the drive should have been . . . well, protected, so I decided that the format should remove the boot loader and get me back to the original condition-at least I was hoping. I decided if it didn't, I should be able to have used the recovery mode; or manufacturing mode. the firmware should remain since it is embedded in the rom.
I guess when the directions fail, then you must "invent your own methods" to an extent.
All is well though.