android
Old 08-07-2008, 01:26 PM

Default sound screeching after newest software upgrade

so just randomly, and im not the only one by reading the forums, after the newest software install, get crazy screeching sound during sound playback, if you pause and then play again, it works ok for a bit, what is the fix without downgrading, i have the newest software 1.0.2.0-1.0.1.2 is what is shows when you open emodio application and you go to help->program information

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2008, 02:45 PM

actually it's the firmware on your P2, not the media software.
This bug happens to me occasionally as well, and If you press the reset button, the sound stops (at least for a few days/weeks)
This is Samsung's fault for releasing their most buggy non-beta firmware yet!

Old 08-07-2008, 04:35 PM

My girlfriend has the same problem. Changing the DNSe seem to work and from what I read so far resetting works too but it seemed only temporary. That noise is unacceptable though from Samsung.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:08 PM

well my fix was setting the dnse to normal , no EQ and it went away..

Old 08-07-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEYRAVEYGRAVEY View Post
actually it's the firmware on your P2, not the media software.
This bug happens to me occasionally as well, and If you press the reset button, the sound stops (at least for a few days/weeks)
This is Samsung's fault for releasing their most buggy non-beta firmware yet!
where is the reset button, ill have to look for it i have a case on mine...never had to does it have one of those pinhole resets...
and actually im not sure that it is making the sound on anything other than my converted text to speech files, only thing i have notice it on so far, but i will keep checking

Old 08-07-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muellertr View Post
so just randomly, and im not the only one by reading the forums, after the newest software install, get crazy screeching sound during sound playback, if you pause and then play again, it works ok for a bit, what is the fix without downgrading, i have the newest software 1.0.2.0-1.0.1.2 is what is shows when you open emodio application and you go to help->program information
the siren sound? please check the bugs for the firmware
as I quoted, I dont think its the mp3 player/firmware, well it kind of is, but its not exactly a bug or anything, its the poor quality of your media, tell me, is it mp3, wma, lame? and whats the playback rate? I believe it shouldnt be under 128 kbps

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=30244
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ment.php?f=151

Last edited by youngchulo; 08-07-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:58 PM

it is NOT poor quality media. I have mostly 200kbps VBR mp3s, and about 50 320kbps, and many oggs at around level 8 quality. I do not have any music @ 128kbps, and I still get the problem. it's obviously a bug.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:16 PM

well, ive NEVER had this problem unless it was lower quality than 128 kbps, and all my files are mp3 format, most of my files are encoded in either 128 or 192 kbps, it MAY be a bug with vbr, but idk, ill try to find out more about it, but I believe its the media, but of course some of the fault comes from the player

Old 08-08-2008, 04:34 PM

When I have had this problem, the bit rate was always under 128 kbps. For example, when I download music from YouTube via vixy.net (extremely low quality), each song will screech unless I put the DNSe on Normal.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:41 PM

i havent heard this with my songs yet, which are all 128 or 196 cbr....mostly coded with nero lame

only thing i get it on is when i take a text file and transfer it to a speech file... i have played about 10 or 20 songs, since the problem started and again, i have only noticed it on tts files that i create and transfer to my p2 with the emodio software...

Old 08-08-2008, 04:59 PM

Hrm, good to know it's a bug and not my player on the fritz. I've only ever had this happen on one specific podcast.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:01 PM

Whew, glad Im not the only one experiencing this!

It happened for the first time yesterday. I thought it was just a bad file transfer set, since it ONLY happened with one new album, no siren on older albums. So...I deleted the files, transferred them over again, but also changed the EQ/DNSe settings...either way, I dont have the noise anymore.