android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Old 08-18-2008, 10:40 PM

Hey!
I have the same problem. I had a 1.21 (or something) and downgraded it to 1.13 (orsomething =D) and it still wont shut down completely.
I've followed all the instructions from this thread and nothing works.
I have noticed though that if i turn off my zen and leave it for over 2 hours THEN turn it on, the Creative sign comes up before the ZEN animation.
Is there an internal setting which we might be able to change so it powers down completely?

It's not that big of a problem except for when im at uni or work where i have to constantly turn my zen on and off.

cheers in advanced!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Is there an internal setting which we might be able to change so it powers down completely?
No, if there were, then this thread may not have exited to begin with.

So, what exactly is the problem?

Quote:
It's not that big of a problem except for when im at uni or work where i have to constantly turn my zen on and off.
Wouldn't you want the faster power-on mode then instead of the longer full boot up?

Zen FAQ

Old 08-19-2008, 01:55 PM

While I'm waiting for a new firmware to pop out, I really really do like pillzz's idea about letting the "sleep zone duration" to be customized individually.

We're different users with different requirements out here - so if anybody diggs through the firmware code to find the timer sequence used to specify the sleep zone duration, I'll happily test that firmware!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, it would be a nice feature. However, I doubt it would be done any time soon to the orignal firmware; Maybe some type of different firmware like Rockbox.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-08-2010, 07:18 PM

Hey BobbyRS - Are you still running firmware 1.13.01 or are you back on 1.21.03 as of Jan 8/2010? Just curious...

I started losing lots of battery power recently and downgraded my firmware to 1.13.01 today as a result of reading this thread. I have not tested it out yet to see if off is REALLY off now or back to the same battery draining standby mode but I am hopeful.

Do you have any updated feedback?

Thanks!

Old 01-09-2010, 04:26 AM
ABI Invaluable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
Hey BobbyRS - Are you still running firmware 1.13.01 or are you back on 1.21.03 as of Jan 8/2010? Just curious...

I started losing lots of battery power recently and downgraded my firmware to 1.13.01 today as a result of reading this thread. I have not tested it out yet to see if off is REALLY off now or back to the same battery draining standby mode but I am hopeful.

Do you have any updated feedback?

Thanks!
You might be waiting around a long time for a reply. Not only is the post you replied to about a year and a half old, Bobby hasn't been seen around here since early last year.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 AM

Thanks ZenChick.

Ya well just for the record in case anyone else on here stumbles upon this thread...

Downgrading to 1.13.01 still doesn't improve battery life or give real off mode without standby. I still lose battery power and the unit turns on really fast (which is nice) but at the expense of battery life.

I am done with this player...time to sell it and cut my losses. I am totally done with Creative for life. Beware...you'll find out the hard way - trust me.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:41 AM
ABI Invaluable

This sounds like the same sleep mode that the hard-drive based Zen-series players like the ZVM had. For these players, sleep mode actually saved a bit of battery power, since it took so much power to spin up the hard drive and completely reload the operating system each time it was turned on, that the amount of power used by sleep mode was minor in comparison.

This doesn't exactly explain why this feature was present in Flash-based players, however. But seeing as how this is a solid-state device, I really can't see how sleep mode makes all that much of a difference in battery life. Therefore, there is no discernible advantage to removing sleep mode from these players -- in theory, anyway.

Tags
downgrade, firmware, zen