android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Speakers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 PM
General Audio Moderator

Default my new $190 stereo, and sound great ^^

Ok so i wanted something cheap, and please don't bash on it but it sounds really quite good ^^. I bought it more of a system to hold me over until i get a pair of dyna audio monitors that dfkt mentioned...

Insignia NS-R2000 (sherwood 2.0 oem)
Insignia NS-B2111 speakers (some Chinese oem)
Rocket fish 20 feet of 16 gauge wire (on clearance for like $6 for the spool)

The amp sounds pretty decent at low power levels and doesn't produce any hiss at the levels i drive the speakers and no noticeable ground loop ^^.

The speakers sound great, I mean they sound better the Klipsch Synergy III book shelf or even the Polk TSI200... That said they have a resonance issue with some music but not at moderate listening levels, yet the stereo image is quit expansive ^^. They sound excellent with classical music which is what i was hoping for.

The build quality is quit good, they are heavy and solid, feeling much better than they cost. Also the driver system is that the tweeter is co axial with the woofer so it replaces the dust cap with a silk dome tweeter. They have decent binding posts in the back and are rounded to help with resonance... I think I will be tweaking the baffling and cross over inside soon ^^. So yeah I have no idea who OEM's these but they are unmatched for the price in my opinion.

Also I picked up a new media center PC, the acer aspire x1200, plays back 1080p video at less than 30% cpu use. Dual core amd x5200+, 4GB of ram, 320gb hard drive, hdmi out with hdmi audio. Very quiet, uses a large copper cpu fan.

So what do you guys think ?

Last edited by yuki; 07-31-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]