android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2008, 05:56 AM

Default Which size to purchase?

Hey, recently decided that I needed a new DAP, and after about a month's research, I was 99% for the the D2. After reading a post over at iAudiophile about having a portable encyclopedia on the player (not that's incredibly important, just the occasionally usefulness and the look-at-this factor), I've just hit 100%.

So now comes the time to decide the size. Living in Australia, the choices are fairly limited, only two stores actually sell them. One is rediculously overpriced, but the other happens to be a great store with good feedback from a friend.

The store had stock in 4GB and 16GB, I was set on the 16, as I didn't want to be buying an expansion card straight after purchase. Yesterday, the 8GB model came back, making the desicion slightly harder. the prices are $199, $239 and $295 (in a logical order).

My music collection is about 3.5GB, I have about 5GB of downloaded youtube videos that I wouldn't mind revisiting, and the player will be used for a few pictures.

So, if I wasn't to split up my music, I'd be going for the 8 or 16 varieties. The thread is really to ask whether the extra $56 is worth the extra 8GB internal.

Thanks for any help, add anything you like or even if you think I should go for 4GB.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
cowon, d2, iaudio, memory, price