android
Old 07-30-2008, 05:11 AM

Default P2 with Shure SE530?

Hey,

I have recently ordered a pair of SE530's ($280 brandnew off ebay ) after reading countless reviews on it. The reviews were mostly on the positive side, which made me want them so much.

Also, I am looking for an mp3 player with excellent sound quality with great appeal. I've been eyeing the Samsung P2 for quite a while now, since most of the reviews described how great the sound quality was (the interface and the mp3 overall looks fantastic too). However, doing some digging on the internet, I noticed how some people disliked the SE530 and the P2 combo... They all said that there was too much hissing coming from their music.

Is there any way to fix the hissing problem with those combinations? I was wondering if setting up the DNSe/EQ correctly would do the trick. ( Without any amps or any other add-ons too, since I plan on using it outside mainly, and also being able to fit in my pocket.)

The P2 seems like the perfect mp3 player for me and I would hate it to let it go, just because of the hissing issue.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Editor

The Se530s seem to produce hissing on most players.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:54 AM

Yes, it does... a decent headphone amp will fix that.

FWIW; the SE530 hiss a lot with my Cowon D2 and Sansa Clip, but behave better on the Cowon X5 and Samsung YP-U1. It's hit or miss...

Old 07-30-2008, 05:54 PM

cough* boa cough*