android
Old 07-26-2008, 08:22 PM

Default Zen Sleek - Assigning Songs to Folders

I've got a Zen Sleek which generates folders by artist. I have a set of songs that I've loaded onto the player, but they aren't going into any folder - even if there is already one established for the artist.

Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to move songs from one folder to another.

Seems like this should be easy but I can't figure it out. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello Strategery. Welcome to ABI.

Do you have the non-Photo version?
How are you going about putting files on the Sleek?
What firmware version is installed on the Sleek? (System -> Information)
Do you have the PlaysForSure firmware installed on the Sleek?

The PlaysForSure firmware turns the Sleek into an MTP device and allows you to use it without any additional software/drivers that would otherwise be needed if it wasn't an MTP device. If you have the PFS firmware installed along with WMP10/11, you can simply just drag-and-drop from Windows Explorer to and from the computer and the Sleek; even from folder to folder on the Sleek.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 07-27-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:42 AM

I normally create folders on my Zen by artist/cd and organize that way. but that is only for convenience when accessing it from the computer. When playing files in the Zen it displays based on the MP3 Tags and I find that I often have to retag files to make them organize properly. I use a program called MP3Tag v2.41 for this.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I normally create folders on my Zen by artist/cd and organize that way. but that is only for convenience when accessing it from the computer. When playing files in the Zen it displays based on the MP3 Tags and I find that I often have to retag files to make them organize properly. I use a program called MP3Tag v2.41 for this.
That's exactly what I do and use.

Zen FAQ