android
Old 07-20-2008, 12:38 PM

Default D2 review - extensive use

Sound- headphones
I finally got my new cans and the sound is unbelievable. The change is so huge that I am now considering paying the 100-200 bucks for a top pair to listen to in the home. I wish I had noise canceling on the flight I was put next to the engine.

Battery
This thing must have 2 energizer batteries in it. I listened for hours without the battery indicator moving at all. Then I accidentally left the thing on in my bag...I think I forgot to lock it...and it was still happily playing the next day. I did not charge it on a 4 day trip even with the accidental play.

Storage-
16 gig is more storage for music than I thought it would be. That said, it is a great feeling knowing that I can upgrade storage to an enormous amount as I rip more movies etc.

Interface
I am old and need some bigger fonts to play without needing my glasses. I am now starting to play with some of the skins that can be found online. I didn't think that being able to adjust the UI was going to be a big plus for the D2, but now I see that it is.

Books and Bookmarks
This played my overdrive books very well and the bookmarking workked well. I still need to learn how to delete bookmarks on the fly and to remove folders on the fly if I choose to remove the clutter. It is a shame that you need to use mtp with the Overdrive books but I am thrilled that I could listen to them...for free!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]