android
Old 03-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Samsung Moderator

Default E200 Rockbox Theme: lebellium Samsung-like

Wow, I never saw all these E200 subforums before! It seems that the E200 had a strong support community
I totally missed that because at the time I was more focusing on the Samsung forums and also because as a collector and not a "normal" user, I buy devices only years after their release, it's much cheaper

So I bought a E200v1 some months ago and just finished to port my Rockbox theme.

v1.00

You can download it on the Rockbox website http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...rget=sansae200 or in attachment. In both cases, 12-Adobe-Helvetica from Font Pack is required.

This theme features a big album art (176x162), numeric and graphical volume, numeric and graphical battery indicator, mini-player in the menus, 12 or 24h clock etc etc

Hope you like it

Changelog:

Version 1.02 - May, 16th 2013
- Fix battery indicator code
- FM radio: fix signal strength code

Version 1.00 - March, 19th 2013
- First public release
Attached Files
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_176x220_v1.00.zip (438.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_176x220_v1.02.zip (438.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by lebellium; 05-16-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Nice work. Looks good and works well for me. I especially like when I invert the LCD. The highlights in the backdrop look positively 3D when I do that. The effect would probably be distracting but the font is bold enough to stand out and still be easily readable.

The E200 has been the only target your theme doesn't seem to break USB for me. I've transferred several gigs of file back and forth between the my PC the main memory and and the card with no glitches so far.

I've done most of the testing with a recent dev build (aa898d6-130319) but it seems I'll have to continue to an older build for day to day use. My E250 just isn't up to handling the 10 band equalizer. Whenever I activate that the sound starts skipping and stuttering and it eventually freezes and has to be reset. Fortunately your theme still works on the older build I'm using so I'll still have the option of continuing to enjoy that.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Nice work. Looks good and works well for me. I especially like when I invert the LCD. The highlights in the backdrop look positively 3D when I do that. The effect would probably be distracting but the font is bold enough to stand out and still be easily readable.

The E200 has been the only target your theme doesn't seem to break USB for me. I've transferred several gigs of file back and forth between the my PC the main memory and and the card with no glitches so far.

I've done most of the testing with a recent dev build (aa898d6-130319) but it seems I'll have to continue to an older build for day to day use. My E250 just isn't up to handling the 10 band equalizer. Whenever I activate that the sound starts skipping and stuttering and it eventually freezes and has to be reset. Fortunately your theme still works on the older build I'm using so I'll still have the option of continuing to enjoy that.
I'm glad I just read your post. Before, I never have tried lebellium's theme on any of my Rockboxed players, because it's too bright for my taste.....never occurred to me, the inverting of the LCD. I have it on my e280 now, inverted, and I like it, so props to lebellium.

I'm using the 3.13 release build, and I just activated the 10 band equalizer for the first time (I usually just use the player as a source for a stereo), and it hasn't affected playback except for during my changing of a couple of the EQ bands' frequencies.....now that they are set it is playing fine.

Last edited by Marvin the Martian; 03-21-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 03-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Administrator

I don't just use the EQ. I also have the compressor, crossfeed and pan-balance active. If I go into the EQ settings and limit the number of bands active the performance hit is less but it's still there. Screens load very slowly and sometimes freeze for a while. There's still occasional dropouts in the playback. Less, but they're still there.

Screw that. I've spent a fair amount of time across the years getting this thing to where works just the way I want. I'm not going to do all that again to accommodate a tweak that doesn't bring me any audible benefit. The pre-10 band EQ builds work without any additional twiddling around, I'll stick with that.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't use the compressor....in fact, I couldn't even tell you what that does without looking it up...lol. I have the crossfeed set on the Meier simple setting, and ReplayGain active(track gain while shuffling). I can say it takes a second or two for some album art to appear on the screen during playback, but since the screen's off most of the time, it doesn't bother me.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for trying my theme guys

- I also noticed this theme doesn't break USB yeah!! Actually the USB issues mainly concern AMSv2 (Fuzev2, Clipv2, Clip+, ClipZip) and partly AMSv1 (m200v4, c200v2, e200v2, Fuze v1, Clip v1).
Mine is E200v1, so apparently not AMS, which could explain why USB is properly working. Do you have a E200v1 or v2 skip252?

- I never tried inverting LCD either. Just did it and I must admit it's funny: orange playback icons, blue battery indicator, pink elapsed time ahaha

- I only use flat sound on all my players so I don't know much about the 10-band EQ. I remember some discussions on #rockbox about wether old/not powerful targets should have a 10-band EQ too but I don't know if the E200 was concerned.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Administrator

I have a V1. At the time when I was buying, selling and trading E200 sansas there was no Rockbox port and I got rid of any that came as v2. I just didn't think of a E200 as being worth anything without Rockbox.

The v1 is Portal Player based http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SandiskE...wareComponents. The v1 Rockbox port was one of the most full featured at one point. I'm not sure about that now. If they're adding features it can't support I suppose that won't be true in the future. It's an older, less powerful player and time marches on I guess.

As the artist your theme looks strange to you but I like it inverted. Both the line selector bar and the highlights take on a iridescence that's quite pretty to my eyes. That's the 3D effect I mentioned.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Mine is also a V1. I'm guessing the compressor is CPU-intensive, which is why the newer build didn't cooperate with your player.

So skip, what exactly is the difference between using that compressor and using ReplayGain? A quick glimpse at the manual seemed like the same premise would hold true of either one, a roughly equivalent volume from song to song.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Samsung Moderator

I just released version 1.02 which fixes the FM signal strength and battery indicator code like for my other themes.

Please see this post for more information about that issue.

You can download it in attachment of the 1st post or on the Rockbox website here: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1847

Moreover, I also made a "Dark Edition" for skip252 and Marvin the Martian only
How it looks:

My goal was to make something better than the "LCD inverse mode"
Please try it and tell me what you think about it^^
Attached Files
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_DE_176x220_v0.90.zip (426.5 KB, 5 views)

Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
I just released version 1.02 which fixes the FM signal strength and battery indicator code like for my other themes.

Please see this post for more information about that issue.

You can download it in attachment of the 1st post or on the Rockbox website here: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1847

Moreover, I also made a "Dark Edition" for skip252 and Marvin the Martian only
How it looks:

My goal was to make something better than the "LCD inverse mode"
Please try it and tell me what you think about it^^
Looks pretty good, and doesn't break USB like some other themes I tried in the past.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Very thoughtful of you! Thanks.

My quick impression is very positive. Running the standard version inverted did have some odd colors. Having a Dark edition makes everything consistent and looks overall nicer.

I thought I was having a serious lag problem until I remembered I had transferred some files with over size images I use on tablets. Once I resized those to something sane it moves through the menus nearly as quickly as Cabbie v2. AA transitions in the WPS are almost instant. No lag at all there.

I just transferred several hundred MB to and from both the internal and external memories with no glitches. I wish it worked like that with your themes on my other players.

I don't see it on the theme site yet. Aren't you planning on submitting it? You never can tell who might want the dark version.

Thanks again. If I run into any problems I'll be sure to let you know.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I don't see it on the theme site yet. Aren't you planning on submitting it?
No, I said it's only for you 2 guys

More seriously, I was waiting for your feedback first before taking a decision:
-Not submitting it on the RB theme website (because it's not good enough or because I don't want it to be more popular than the original version lol )
-Submitting it as it is
-Submitting it with some changes (that's why it's currently version 0.90 and not 1.00 yet, you are the beta testers )

So if you have some changes/improvements requests, about the colors or whatever, just tell me

About broken USB etc... I use the same code in all my themes so that's not my fault if it works better on some themes than others. We have to blame the devs

Old 05-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post

About broken USB etc... I use the same code in all my themes so that's not my fault if it works better on some themes than others. We have to blame the devs
I wasn't referring to your themes in particular when I mentioned ones that broke USB in the past.

I usually only use the e280 at work, plugged into a stereo there, but in my quick test run this afternoon it seemed to work just fine. Some of the album art takes a second to load in, when a new song comes on (I always "shuffle all" with the player) but I never resize any of the art either, so some of the images are larger than others. So at this point, I have no issues to report.....it will be my default theme now, I think.

Tags
e200, lebellium, rockbox, samsung-like, sansa, theme