android
Old 07-12-2008, 11:07 AM

Default virtual keyboard, navigation in the filename

I have to admit, I am not used to the virtual KB - so I just want to modify the present name slightly, then use my PC to make the cryptic name into a descriptive one.

I know that the down (submenu) key works as a backspace, but is there anyway to "arrow over" - so that I can easily change "dynamic.m3u8" to either "dynami.m3u8" or "ynamic.m3u8"????

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-12-2008, 11:44 PM

Default virtual KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_l View Post
I have to admit, I am not used to the virtual KB - so I just want to modify the present name slightly, then use my PC to make the cryptic name into a descriptive one.

I know that the down (submenu) key works as a backspace, but is there anyway to "arrow over" - so that I can easily change "dynamic.m3u8" to either "dynami.m3u8" or "ynamic.m3u8"????
it depends on whose's build you use. If you use cpchan, you use the back arrow to move to the left and the select (center to backspace, ie delete the characters). If I remember correctly. Up arrow saves the file.

Kugels, I forget but i but I think you use scroll wheel to move left or right. Select saves the file.

The virtual KB is really quite easy once you get the hang of it. Proof of this is I can not even remember the keys, but I do use it all the time. Kind of like dialing the phone, maybe you can not remember the number, but you know the keys to hit.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:11 PM

if you are using a normal rock box build then hold the record button on the side and press left or right to move the line thingy.

Music Organizer: MediaMonkey
My Last.fm