android
Old 07-11-2008, 07:40 PM

Default How to create folders??? Please help !!

I just bought a new Sansa fuze 4 gb , it's just awesome , but i previously owned Samsung YP-T8 (512 mb) , it was very easy to create folders in there , and the song transfer was also very easy just drag and drop. Now in fuze , i want to create folder's which I can access directly from MUSIC menu.
I want to create 3 folders namely - English , Hindi & Punjabi and want to divide my song collection between them .
Please help me .

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You can do that when have it connected to the computer, but the Fuze only reads ID3 tags of the songs, not files/folders.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 PM

That means fuze doesnt recognize user defined folders like Samsung yp - t8.
I wanted to create folders because all my mp3 collection is not ID3 tagged ,
so can you suggest some other mp3 player wich does so or can this problem ever be solved ?

Old 07-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Any Cowon player will do that.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:04 PM

Easy. All you have to do:

1. put the Fuze into MSC mode so that it appears like a flash drive to your computer.

2. Use Windows File Manager to create your subdirectories in the \Music folder to divide your music.

3. Use the Sansa Fuse Playlist Creator to create separate playlists for each folder.

This the the procedure that I use to separate my language lessons into separate folders.

Jerry

Old 07-11-2008, 10:35 PM

Windows Media Player should be able to add id3 tags to your songs automatically
Sansa e260 Rockbox 4GB + 120 MB

Old 07-12-2008, 01:40 AM

Thanks Jerry for your suggestion , but when I followed your method , the playlists were created inside music folder .
E.g
I created a following folder
/MUSIC/English/Heytheredelilah.mp3
When I used your program , the following was generated ,

/MUSIC/English-Heytheredelilah.m3u

And when I accessed the playlist menu in fuze , " English-Heytheredelilah " was there , but I need first an ENGLISH folder and then the songs in playlist

Can it be done ????????

What I need is that when i open playlist menu in fuze , first there should be a folder and then it's sub-folders should be songs.
Please help me if you can .

Old 07-12-2008, 11:51 AM

The playlist is supposed to be in the music folder.
I don't think it can be done
Sansa e260 Rockbox 4GB + 120 MB

Old 07-12-2008, 12:01 PM

Gabe is right.
Even though Fuze organizes its files into folders, the player does not have a file manager function and therefore you cannot directly view the directory structure.
Also the playlists must be in the \Music folder.
Jerry

Old 07-13-2008, 10:09 AM

Thanks for all your suggestion's .

Old 07-13-2008, 08:16 PM

Default Making Folders

When I tried to do this with the Sana e200, I found out I couldn't do it. So I made folders and named them based on what would be in them and put then on my computer and added the songs I wanted in each folder. Then I used "MP3Tag" to create a folder by calling it the album. MP3Tag will allow you to batch by seclecting the songs you want in the folder and then change the current album title to the folder name all at the same time. Now when I select music, and go to albums I have the folders with the specific songs I wanted. You can also put the song in more than one folder as long as you have the "album" name as the folder.

I'm sure this is more work than needs to be done, but it works. I sure it'll work for the Fuse.

I keep a duplicate copy in my computer.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:21 PM

Default Sansa Fuse Playlist

I've got a Sansa Fuze. I created a playlist with Media Monkey and copied that to the Fuze. It put the mp3's in the 'Music' folder and the playlist (.m3u) in the playlist folder. It wouldn't work until I moved the playlist to the music folder and edited the contents removing the 'Music\' prefix of all the tracks.

Here is an example line:

Queens Of The Stone Age\Lullabies To Paralyze\Lullaby.mp3

Works fine now.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:34 AM

lol.. look at the OP date.. Btw, the newest firmware has folder browser support..

Old 06-17-2009, 05:08 AM

Yes. Thank you Spy King.

I've got the newest firmware and the folder support is crap. There are hundreds of people trying to find out how to set up playlists on the Fuze. I decided to post the above to help anyone who is searching for the answer. Too many questions are left half answered on forums. Mainly because people like you think a post is too old to bother about (or they just can't be arsed to post another message once they have the answer themselves).

Do you even have a Fuze? Are you creating playlists for it without having to use a 3rd party utility to make the modifications I have outlined above?

Old 06-17-2009, 06:07 AM

Hmmm... I'm not sure if someone who has apparently created two user accounts on the same day should be doling out forum etiquette lectures.

To the issue at hand, the problem has been resolved by the latest firmware update. No additional software, playlists, or switching of modes is required. Back up your music (if it isn't already), install the latest firmware, and if needed move the music back onto the player into any folder hierarchy you want. Then use the "Folders" menu in the "Music" menu to find/play your music.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:53 PM

why sorry StevieC , didn't expect someone to get upset over my post..

Anyway..

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=41782 That was what you could use if you don't like the folder support provided..

and, yes. I do have a fuze, and yes I create playlists in winamp.. Just drag the files from into winamp and save it as a playlist anywhere on the fuze.. the fuze scans the playlists where ever they are and displays it under playlists.. works fine for me so far

Closed Thread

Tags
folder, playlist