android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Archos > Archos Generation 4

Old 07-11-2008, 10:32 AM

Default Archos 504 - possible to replace the hard drive and up load archos software?

Hi, please can anyone help? we have a broken archos 504 and it is just 18 months old. we did not drop it or anything like that. it was recording from the TV via the cradle and when we disconnected it and picked it up it was very, very hot. after that it no loger worked and makes hard drive broken type noises!!

I am not sure how long the warranty is for (Archos are not very helpful and absolutely no good at answering questions and e-mails!! ) we live in spain and a friend told me that everything bought here has a 3 year warranty - any thoughts on this?

Also if it is not under warranty does anyone know if it is possible to replace the hard drive (I have a clever son who can do this) and is it possible to replace the archose software so the new hardrive becomes an archos again?

it all seems like a waste of 400 if we cannot fix it.

I am in touch with Archos and they just tell me to send it back with no explanation of if it is covered by the warranty or not
I am confused and feel the archos customer service is not very good!

Denise

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-12-2008, 12:58 PM

they can fix it but they may charge depending on the damage (if it's covered by warranty or not)