android
Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 PM

Exclamation Rockbox Party Build Creation Process Stumped

I am currently creating a build of Rockbox that will combine the best qualities of every custom build and current build ever released, and still be very user friendly. Complete with read me files, the manual in .txt format, cfgs for n00bs which has the best presets for everything you need, (EQ, apps, ect) it will also contain all the most commonly used rocks like casegame, pegbox, gif viewer ect. As well as ALL of the extras for the current build, the fonts package, the icons package, the doom wads, the pacman roms and the midi patch. Plus it will contain in the build at least one of every commonly used file type that Rockbox can read, (excluding things like flac and sid, []) most of the text files, (and the main heme entirely) were written and drawn inside the player with Text_Editor, (Notepad on mine) and Rockpaint. Complete wit a neatly SORTED viewers.config, (I KNOW!!! It's a MESS!) Though my process has only been stumped by two things, the editing of the splash screen which I have no idea how to do, (though I think it has something to do with the credits viewer) and the inability to apply a single patch. If anyone can help me with either I'll need it. And it will be most appreciated.

- Vahkiti

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...For_Developers

Old 07-09-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahkiti View Post
it will also contain all the most commonly used rocks like casegame, pegbox, gif viewer ect. As well as ALL of the extras for the current build, the fonts package, the icons package, the doom wads, the pacman roms and the midi patch.
Don't forget the dictionary files!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:15 AM

Can you legally include the Doom wads in a Rockbox build? I don't think ID has released their copyright on those, but I could be wrong...

I'm not sure about including roms, either.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Zune Moderator

Correct the Roms and Doom files are still copyrighted.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 PM

Actually, for doom you could just use the Freedoom .wad. It's not complete, but it gets the job done.
http://freedoom.sourceforge.net/
See also the the PluginDoom wiki page, it gives more info about where to get wads.
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/PluginDoom

Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 PM

You can also use the wad for the demo version of Doom 1. I believe that's freely available.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakDooD View Post
Don't forget the dictionary files!
Of course!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
I may have forgot to mention that I have absolutely no knowlege of unix or patch doodahs, or much coding of any kind really. Just the desire for a better Rockbox! What I really need is coder people to help me with the build.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I may have forgot to mention that I have absolutely no knowlege of unix or patch doodahs, or much coding of any kind really. Just the desire for a better Rockbox!
Looks like you're going to learn.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:10 PM

I need coders.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I need coders.
So basically, you're asking someone else to do the stuff in the first post for you?

Old 07-10-2008, 05:12 AM

If you provide all the links to the patches on the tracker, i can compile a version for you. You'll have to write all the txt files yourself though. Anyway, i don't know if all the patches you want to have included are independent, because you can only apply patches on parts of a build that have not been patched already. Plus i don't think there's a chance it will run bug free...
btw, what is so messy about the viewers.cfg? or what would improve, if it was less messed up?

Old 07-10-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I am currently creating a build of Rockbox .........I may have forgot to mention that I have absolutely no knowlege of unix or patch doodahs, or much coding of any kind really.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
So basically, you're asking someone else to do the stuff in the first post for you?
No, I'm asking someone to help me do it with instructions that are actually legibal, (ie. code examples and understandable words). Something that is very scarce on the Rockbox website.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Rockbox Developer

Well, many people have had no problem at all with the SimpleGuideToCompiling page. Though they're probably the sort who wouldn't misspell "legible" while at the same time trying to claim others' writing is poor or hard to understand.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:52 AM

lol.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:21 PM

Default Why must you attack me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorean View Post
Well, many people have had no problem at all with the SimpleGuideToCompiling page. Though they're probably the sort who wouldn't misspell "legible" while at the same time trying to claim others' writing is poor or hard to understand.
IT WAS A TYPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Rockbox Developer

My point was more along the line of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." You can easily proofread your own posting, yet chose not to, but at the same time complained about your inability to understand the wiki page, claiming it was through fault of the page itself.

Many people have had no problem at all with those instructions. If you think they're problematic you should seek to help improve them. Instead you made an ass out of yourself by saying it lacked understandable words while showing your own lack of skill with the language.

If you find the instructions hard to understand, ask specific questions about specific directions such as "What does it mean when it tells me to do (quotation from the page)." This way someone can explain it to you. Then, because it's a wiki, you could rewrite the confusing bit to be understandable.

But, if you just want to complain, I shall be more than happy to taunt you a second time.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorean View Post
...But, if you just want to complain, I shall be more than happy to taunt you a second time.
... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
custom, party, patch, splash screen, stumped