Pogo radioyourway LX
I've been using this for over 2 years, very happy with it. However, I just discovered the battery door was bulging, so removed it. The (rechargeable lithium) battery has a "soft" exterior, as if it's wrapped in a papery envelope that's filled with a gel. And it appears that the gel is now expanding. But there's no leaking and the device still works. Anyway, I took out the battery (took a little prying with a credit card) and disconnected it. The reason I'm writing is to describe my discovery that the device still works while plugged in, which is how I always use it, plugged in. So there is no need to discard the device, which was my first fear, and buy a new one (which may be impossible anyway). And there's no need to even buy a new battery! What's different about it's behavior is now when I plug it in, it starts up, at which point I turn it back off. And the screen says "Charge Complete", as usual, but which now is a little misleading since the battery is removed. So I'll just continue to use it as usual, recording my daily radio show, without the battery. Cool. At least I won't have to worry about the old battery exploding. What's interesting is I don't know when the battery first started to expand, pushing out the battery door. I"m guessing it was a recent development.