android
Old 07-06-2008, 01:40 AM

Angry Rhythmbox is killing me! (OK, not really killing...)

Howdy,

I'm trying to figure out why Rhythmbox keeps jumping up in my face every time I plug in my e280. I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 (IA64) and have powered off the e280 before plugging in the unit to a USB port. I'm not using a USB hub, and the e280 is set to MSC mode.

The computer definitely knows the e280 is there, because for a few seconds (10-15) there is a notice on my Gnome tool bar stating "Opening Sansa e280", but then it disappears and Rhythmbox pops up (often in the background).

The more annoying thing is that Rhythmbox doesn't show the e280 in the sidebar.

Here's what lsusb shows:
Bus 007 Device 003: ID 0781:7421 SanDisk Corp. Sansa E200 series

I can fake it out, sort of, by booting my PC with the e280 up and running - but then it mounts for root user access only.

The e280 used to mount consistently and I happily copied music back and forth, but now it seems I can only get it there through dumb luck. I'm looking for a way to make it happen again consistently...

Much appreciated - this site is excellent.

Sometime soon I hope to move to Rockbox.

Cheers,

Eric

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-06-2008, 06:16 PM

I've "solved" my Rhythmbox problem by screwing up my PC through the process of trying to delete a 32-bit chroot on my 64-bit Ubuntu and have had to re-install Ubuntu.

However, in the meantime I've managed to Rockbox my e280 (gotta love those live Linux CDs!) and am now in the process of copying copious music to the beast.