android
Old 07-09-2011, 05:00 AM

Default C200 "Refresh Database"- Can it be stopped?

I will admit I do not use MP3 players much at all. I have had this little C200 for a while now. My biggest annoyance is the Refresh Database everytime I power it up.

Do I have something set wrong? Or is this normal for this and all MP3 players?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-09-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
... Do I have something set wrong?
No, this is normal behavior for SanDisk mp3 players, every time you boot it the fw will refresh db looking to see if you've added any new files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
Or is this normal for this and all MP3 players?
Not all mp3 players will refresh db every time you boot, some will only do it after the db has been changed. You might want to try rockbox on your c200 which will only refresh if the db has changed. You can read about it via the link under my sig. It's way faster, offers more sound enhancement features and more flexibility

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-09-2011, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the responses. I believe I am running v1 so I gues ROckbox is an option. I do not know much about it. Is there any chance I will brick it?

Old 07-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Administrator

You will first need to determine your version. Then head over to the Sansa C200 Port page. You can access any information you need to install Rockbox from there. There's a port for both versions.

There is an automated installer that works with either version but I'd still recommend doing some reading there. Just running through the FAQ it appears there may be a way to stop the database refresh on some models. The Rockbox developers have figured out all types of non-obvious things as they worked on the different ports.

There's also a link to the information needed if yours is a V2. On that page there's a link to the SansaAMs page that will give the info on the current status of the V2 port.

As always I recommend you read the manual thru "The Main Menu". Rockbox has a learning curve that can be fairly easy if you can read and follow directions. However it's not intuitive IMO. You really need to do some reading in order to take advantage of all it offers.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:29 AM

I installed Rockbox. In review of all the information and the install procedure I would say there is almost too much information. There is so much it would leave one to believe it is a complicated procedure. Not at all. Downloaded, started GUI and done.

So far I love Rockbox. I will love it even more when I do not see it refreshing the db everytime I turn it on

Many thanks for the help and info here!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:41 AM

I've had the Sansa C200 for a couple of years and while I found it to be an exxcellent MP3 Player it was STILL lacking something special. I just installed the RockBox program using the Auto-Installer and it couldn't have been any easier. NOW I have an MP3 Player LOADED with SO MANY options I don't know where to start. Thanks RockBox for giving me what I was missing... GOOD JOB!!!