android
Old 07-02-2008, 02:47 PM

Default PC does not recognize my T9

My PC has stopped recognizing my T9, I was syncing a playlist of 723 tracks using Media Monkey, I checked after a short while and all was ok so I left it to it, I came back later and the T9 Icon had gone from media monkey, it was not showing in windows explorer or Samsung Media Studio either. I disconected the T9 and all the tracks were on it and it plays ok, but when connect via USB it is not recognized in anything, I am using Vista, I tried it on another PC (on Vista) and it is not recognized on that either. It shows up in Device Manager as MTP device with yellow exclamation mark, in the MTP device properties in device status it says "this device cannot start (code 10)". When I try updating the driver it says "windows has determined the driver software is up to date" When I plug the T9 in it searches for a driver then says "device driver software was not successfully installed" I have tried downloading the MTP porting kit, updating drivers, re-installing Media Studio, Add New hardware Wizard, deleting the music on the T9, screaming in a darkened room, I have looked up the code 10 thing on Microsoft and it doesn't help any, I have had the T9 for 3 months no problems, its firmware is 1.72 EU. After trying the T9 in two PC's, with the same results, I think the T9 is the problem, any ideas or help please.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-05-2008, 10:01 AM

Thanks to all who looked, sorted the problem out, it was complicated a bit by the model being from Germany a YP-T9JBCB, I low level formatted it and put the samsung german website firmware back on 1.72, seems to have sorted the problem.

Tags
connection, mtp, recognize, samsung t9, yp-t9