android
Old 07-01-2008, 02:42 AM

Default my p2 does not unmount!

Hi guys, need your help. My p2 plugs in to the usb ok and I am able to transfer stuff across to it. But I am unable to unmount it in samsung media player and it does not show up in my system tray for me to unmount. I have only just got it and have had to simply disconnect it (which I hate doing but what other choice do I have?). When I go to the menu of media player to eject it, that part is greyed out. Yet it still shows up in My Computer as p2 (with a little icon). I am able to get into it like a mountable drive, too (know this as I put a movie on it and it worked fine). I know that you are supposed to unmount all portable drives that you connect to a computer so as not to damage the drive, but I have already had to do it twice!

help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-01-2008, 02:43 AM

oh, and it is set at mtp and putting the latest firmware on did nothing

Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 PM

i personally dont eject the devices but you can try to go to my computer and right click on the device and click eject
mines in ums so i cant try it like that

Old 07-01-2008, 07:34 PM

You can't put the latest Firmware on because only the Korean one is out if i am correct.Btw i never unmount mine and mine is perfectly fine ^^ as long as it doesn't say DO NOT DISCONNECT TRANSFERRING DATA your p2 will be fine.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:21 PM

great, just what I needed to hear, Bestofwest. Are you in Perth Australia or overseas?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestofWest View Post
You can't put the latest Firmware on because only the Korean one is out if i am correct.Btw i never unmount mine and mine is perfectly fine ^^ as long as it doesn't say DO NOT DISCONNECT TRANSFERRING DATA your p2 will be fine.
Just my 2 cents, since the P2 is an MTP device, it will not show a safely remove hardware icon, unless you changed the firmware to MSC it would
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m