android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2008, 01:13 AM

Default Several questions from a prospective buyer

I am seriously thinking of getting a D2. (I started a thread asking for advice in the "Compare" forum for anyone interested.) The reviews on this site are thorough, but there are still things I need clarified -- maybe you can help.

1. I will have the player in a jacket or briefcase pocket while commuting. Can the D2 be paused and the volume changed easily without having to look at the screen? Can it be done with one hand? The touch screen aspect scares me off a little for this reason.
  2. What exactly do I need to get line-in audio recording? It seems all that is required is a $6 converter to get a 1/8" stereo jack -- is this correct?
  3. Another aspect that scares me off is that the recordings the D2 makes are in WMA -- not exactly an industry standard. Are there convenient ways to manipulate WMA (cut and paste, etc.) without converting to other formats? Do you think the D2 ever be able to record to MP3 or OGG through a firmware patch?
  4. Can playback speed be changed? (I need this feature for transcribing jazz songs)
Thanks for your help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]