android
Old 06-28-2008, 11:15 PM

Default Using eaudiobooks w/o Media Player?

The Clip looks nice and am thinking getting one as my old Archos hard drive brick is a bit hard to carry around, not to mention the battery life.

First, had a question since I've never used protected audio files. I don't really like WMP. For the Archos, I just create playlists using id3Tag and drag and drop the files onto the player. If I do get a Clip and download eaudiobooks from our library, would I have to use WMP to sync them, or is dragging and dropping ok?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-30-2008, 06:58 PM

Default Transferring protected audiobooks

Hi Mike,

I think with any player you have to sync the audiobooks (Netlibrary) to the player as the license will not transfer with drag and drop. I've used RealPlayer in addition to WMP to move Netlibrary files to my player. Once I've moved the file to the RealPlayer library, I right click on it and select 'transfer file to device' or wording somewhat to that effect.

Wanda

Old 06-30-2008, 07:56 PM

Looks like I'll have to learn WMP. I tried a Real subscription for awhile to get access to a news video feed and learned to hate Real's intrusiveness much more more than any awkwardness in WMP.

Thanks for the help.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:57 AM

There are two library sources for books, NetLibrary and Overdrive. My opinion is that Overdrive is better, at least with my libraries... much larger choice. Also with Overdrive you just use their utility to put them on the player, it is relatively pain free. Plus with Overdrive files you can still play them after the license has expired (the license only applies to the transfer to the player, once on there you can play them months later if you want).

Old 07-01-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdow View Post
There are two library sources for books, NetLibrary and Overdrive. My opinion is that Overdrive is better, at least with my libraries... much larger choice. Also with Overdrive you just use their utility to put them on the player, it is relatively pain free. Plus with Overdrive files you can still play them after the license has expired (the license only applies to the transfer to the player, once on there you can play them months later if you want).
I'd like to trade libraries with you! Mine has @ 600 Overdrive books, most of which are one user at a time. I've been months on the waiting list for some titles. On the other hand, the Netlibrary catalog is roughly 2800 titles with multiple listeners allowed.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:47 AM

I'm pretty sure once you have the license you can synch the player with other media software. Media Monkey or Winamp for instance.