android
Old 06-28-2008, 12:03 AM

Default 16:9 photo/video viewing?

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before (I did browse the website looking for the answers to this problem) but can someone please tell me why all my photos and video do not play back on the P2 in 16:9 format?

My photos have the following dimensions: 3072 x 2304 ..and I'm using SMS to transfer.

I do realize that these dimensions are well above the screen size of 480 x 272 but even when I resize the photos to 480x360 the P2 displays the photo using only 3/4 of the screen and not the full 16:9. Home videos have the same effect.

Essentially, all I want is to be able to view my photos and videos the same way the default wallpaper gets displayed. What am I doing wrong here?

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-28-2008, 01:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

pictures have to be resized to 480x272,
for videos, u can use a convertor like "MediaCoder", and choose "fit to screen" when converting. that should make all ur stuff 16:9
hope that helps

Old 06-28-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
pictures have to be resized to 480x272,
for videos, u can use a convertor like "MediaCoder", and choose "fit to screen" when converting. that should make all ur stuff 16:9
hope that helps
Hey, thank you very much for your help! I was able to convert the video to fit the screen fully.

Only thing is I lost a bit of quality in the proccess. Using MediaCoder ver 0.6.1.4045 I opened up the file and went to the "Picture" tab. I resized the video to 480x272 but it still did not fit the screen entirely so I had to crop. There is a "Crop to fit" option but even that did not cover the entire dimensions of 480x272 leaving about a centimeter gap to the right of the video. Only after I manually cropped, was I able to get full 16:9 display. Do you know if there is a way to go about this without the loss of picture quality?

Lastly, any suggestions for a image resizing program? Perpahs a free program similar to MediaCoder?

Thanks again!

Old 06-28-2008, 12:00 PM

Lots of choices on FileForum for freeware image editors/viewers.

I personally use FastStone...
Pretty powerful image viewer/editor and works flawlessly with Vista 64-bit...

Though for a more complete editor try... Paint.NET (ala Photoshop).

Last edited by Utew; 06-28-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utew View Post
Lots of choices on FileForum for freeware image editors/viewers.

I personally use FastStone...
Pretty powerful image viewer/editor and works flawlessly with Vista 64-bit...

Though for a more complete editor try... Paint.NET (ala Photoshop).
Thanks for the links!

Old 06-28-2008, 01:01 PM

The P2 is SWEETTTT!!

Thanks to the above recommended program (MediaCoder) I now know how to transfer vids with virtually NO LOSS of quality and have it displayed in crystal clear 16:9 format.

When using the program, be sure to resize the video to 480x272, crop it down to size, and last but not least encode the video using the same bitrate as the original file. This will give you virtually no loss of quality!

Can't wait to resize my images now!

Old 06-28-2008, 10:06 PM

Yep.. MediaCoder is the best game in town.. been watching it improve substantially over the years. The developer of MediaCoder gets major kudos for such great work on the project and for keeping it freeware all this time. I can now take full advantage of my quad-core CPU.. as it (MC) is optimized for multi-core.. and I'm able to encode a full-length movie in about 20 minutes.

Glad you're enjoying your P2.. I feel the same.....

Last edited by Utew; 06-28-2008 at 10:11 PM.