android
Old 01-25-2009, 01:34 AM

Default Increase hard drive space in Archos 705

Is there a way I can increase my storage amount in the Archos 705? It doesn't have a USB port so I would need a storage option that would work by plugging in the end of a USB chord that normally plugs into a computer into the MP3 player and the other end would plug into the hard drive.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-25-2009, 05:59 AM

I don't know about extra storage (by USB hosting) but you could just stream the music/video if in range of a wireless network set up with a PC connected here
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 02-14-2009, 11:07 PM

You can connect a usb drive to the 705 via the dvr station or direct via the short lead supplied using the usb "A" connection, but be aware that higher capacity drives need extra power and the 705 may not be able to power it so you may need an extra powwer source. Usb memory sticks or card readers seem to work fine if you only need a few extra gigs, watch out for extra battery drain though.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warris View Post
You can connect a usb drive to the 705 via the dvr station or direct via the short lead supplied using the usb "A" connection, but be aware that higher capacity drives need extra power and the 705 may not be able to power it so you may need an extra powwer source. Usb memory sticks or card readers seem to work fine if you only need a few extra gigs, watch out for extra battery drain though.
I did not know that..cool! I bought my 705 open box for..get this...only $100 But no manual, so I am still learning what extras are on it that my 605 does not have.

Tags
705, archos, memory